Nesting

It had been two weeks since Kyle's recent attack as keith called it. And Keith hadn't let lance out of his sight since then. Until today that is...keith had been dragged onto another mission but when they got back no lance. No Kyle or Matt either. Keith was pacing up and down till the point he could literally wear a hole into the ground. Shiro sighed "Keith. Clam down. Now. We'll find lance." He stated in a deep authoritative tone that caused keith to pause and obey despite his boiling anger and worry. They searched round the castle. They had already searched the obvious places such as keith and lance's now shared room. However the room looked like it had been ransacked. Clothes and blankets strewn across the floor and bed. Lance wasn't in the kitchen , or the lounge , or the main control room. Nor was he on the observatory deck. He was gone. At that moment one of the small pods arrived and matt and Kyle stepped out. Pidge ran and hugged her brother tightly. "Maaaaaatt where were youuuuu!" The young beta whined. Matt giggled "Kyle and I had to go report in with the Rebels silly~" pidge pouted "you scared me idiot. The heartwarming scene was interrupted by a ferocious growl. Keith had Kyle raised off the ground by his collar. "Where. Is. Lance." His fangs has elongated and his eyes flashed yellow for a split second. His scent screamed danger. Kyle's eyes were as wide as saucers. "I d-d-dont k-know."
He stuttered out struggling for air. Shiro glared at keith. "Keith. Put. Him. Down." Keith reluctantly did as the pack leader told him to. It wasn't any use arguing with shiro. Shiro sighed turning to Matt and Kyle. "Have either of you seen lance around?" Matt nodded. "An hour before we left for to see the rebels , he was in the lounge...he had a pile of cushions in his arm , not sure what he was doing with them. He left in the direction of his room. We didn't see him after that. Why do you ask is he okay?" Pidge sighed "we can't find him and we've looked everywhere." Keith suddenly sniffed the air and turned towards the door. "I smell him" he ran out the room the others chasing after him leaving a stunned Matt and Kyle. Keith followed the scent back to their room...but they checked here? He opened the door scaring the shit out of the poor omega inside. Lance was wearing one of Keith's sweatshirts and panties. Nothing else. Keith put a hand over his nose and mouth trying to hide the fact that he now had a nose bleed. He voice was muffled as he spoke. "Lance I've been looking everywhere for you I was worried sick. And what are you doing?" He asked surveying the room. It looked like a bomb went off in it. Lance blushed and stammered. "Um it doesn't matter...I thought you'd be gone longer....sorry...um why didn't you go fix your nose? And um do some training?" He suggested with a nervous giggle.
Keith quirked an eyebrow. "Are you trying to get rid of me~" he teased. "Yes-nO! I mean-I just want some space for a little bit..." He adverted his gaze. Keith stepped closer "lance are you okay kitten?" Lance blushed brightly at the nickname. "I'm o-okay I just...I'm doing something and I don't want you to see..." that came out worse than it sounded in his head. "Baby what are you doing..." Keith asked feeling perturbed. "It's not anything bad I promise" lance reassured hoping keith would leave the subject but he didn't. Hunk had glanced at the messy room. Clothes , blankets , pillows were on the floor and bed. In a corner of the room silks were draping form the ceiling creating a kind of tent but more square. Hunk had seen lance do this in the garrison. He'd never questioned it before...but this must be omega nesting. Knowing some basic knowledge on omegas as his sister is an omega he knew omegas wanted to build their nest in private then present it to the alpha. They didn't want the alpha to see it till it was done. He winked at lance and then gently placed his hand on Keith's shoulder. "Let him be keith. We can make some snacks after all the mission was exhausting and I'm hungry. I'm sure lance is too. We can get him in an hour or two when we've cooked." Keith looked torn. On one hand cooking for lance sounded nice but on the other hand his protective instincts screamed at him to stay and protect his mate and pups. He suddenly felt a nose and lips press against his neck and lance nuzzled him. Lance tilted his head up looking at keith with puppy eyes. "Pweaseeee? It'll only be for an hour?" Keith have in. The look lance was giving him was irresistible. Lance squealed in happiness pecking Keith's cheek before going back into their room. Just before he shut the door he gave keith a flirtatious smile. "Keith hunny you might want to fix that nose bleed~" he then shut the door leaving an embarrassed and flustered keith behind. The others laughed as keith huffed going to one of the other bathrooms in the castle as he couldn't use the en-suite because lance was in the room. After getting the bleeding to stop and cleaning himself up. He joined the others in the kitchen. They were discussing something. Matt and Kyle weren't there thank god. He didn't mind Matt but Kyle...that was a different story. "What Ya'll talking bout?" He spoke his Texan accent coming through. Hunk grinned " well I was thinking it would be nice if we all cooked a dish or multiple if you want to from our home country. So we can all try cuisine from each other's place of origin and explores each other's culture. Think of it as a cultural taste testing kind of thing." Keiths eyes lit up and a genuine grin spread on his face. "That sounds awesome!" Hunk smiled. "Lance helped me label everything in the kitchen with what it basically is on earth...how he read it I don't know but he did." Keith was curious about that but decided not to question it. Keith's shoulders slumped. Hunk frowned "what's wrong?" Keith sighed. "I'm lactose intolerant...I won't be able to eat most of the stuff." Hunk suddenly smiled and ruffled his hair. "Don't worry I spoke to Allura and here in space allergies don't exist. All the food doesn't have anything like lactose or gluten in. The only thing that does exist is nuts." Keith smiled. "But wait who's going to cook Cuban food for lance?" Hunk grinned "lance taught me some Cuban recipes. I'm not as good as him but I'll do my best" Keith nodded. Shiro clapped his hands. "Well lets get started team~" he said as he started boiling rice. Pidge started rolling out dough , hunk was making some sort of bread. Keith bit his lip. He decided to make a korean dish and a Texan dish. He was going to make Fajitas and Tteokbokki. He started with the fajitas as they took longer. He diced peppers and fried chicken In a traditional Tex-Mex spice. Then he prepared the Tteokbokki. Hunk had finished making his Samoan dish. Some sort of dessert? He was now making Spanish cuisine. Shiro seemed to be making homemade sushi and pidge was apparently making pizza and something else? When they were done they placed all the meals on the table and decided to speak about their dishes a little. Shiro had indeed made proper Japanese sushi, it looked so much better than the store bought sushi you got at supermarket.