Prologue

Please remember to vote/comment
A/N: Hello my darlings and welcome to the world of The Second Queen! Thank you for starting TSQ and I hope you'll stay throughout the unfolding of the plot and the love that might be in the air. Thank you for all of the votes and comments. I hope to update weekly. Love, MorrigansFlight

Spotify Playlist (The link can also be found in the conversations tab on my profile): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7wH7qKhVTJ0LJ7riptHooF?si=2qAuEw1AQUCNruSvinm21w&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

--------

-Prologue -

Queen Alexandrina I

"Where is my husband?"

"Your Majesty, he is busy at the moment."

"What is he doing?"

"The Medu council called for a meeting about a half an hour ago."

"Please... tell him I need him."

"I will do my best Queen Alexandrina."

"Thank you Lord Alfred."

He begins to leave, but, before he exits the room, he turns around to face me.

"Your Majesty, I must advise you to prepare for the worst."

"I understand."

He leaves and silence fills my room. I sag against my pillows. A knock sounds at my door.

"Enter."

My lady, Catherine Bryon enters my room.

"My lady, would you like some company as you wait for King Edward?"

"Yes, have a seat Catherine."

"Thank you ma'am."

"Call me Alexandrina."

"Of course Alexandrina. Were you able to go out today?"

"Unfortunately no, my doctor has placed me on bed rest."

"Oh what a pity. When you get well, we should go riding in the park."

"Catherine, there is no need to pretend, I am a dying woman."

Her face falls and she looks at her skirt.

"I know, I will still pray God grants you a miracle."

"I thank you then. Perhaps it will be a miracle if Edward makes it here— on time."

The feeling of being stabbed with a sharp knife comes from my stomach, then again, a third time. I push the covers off and watch blood begin to color my white nightgown. Within the first thirty seconds the sheets beneath me and in a circle around me are colored a light red. The feeling of a fourth stab comes then a fifth. It's ending. I watch the blood flow out of my body.

"Ma'am! Do you need something?"

"No Catherine. The only thing I require is my final confession and Blessed Sacrament."

"Should I send for father Peter?"

"Yes."

She runs out of my room, looking for a messenger. I look out the window and notice the sun has begun to fall. Three crows sit on my windowsill. A few minutes later she rushes back into my room.

"The father should be here soon."

She pulls the covers back over my body and arranges them to hide the blood. Moments later Father Peter walks into the room. He unfolds a white cloth and places it over my bedside table. Then he places a gold box on the table, and opens it.