Chapter 16

- Chapter 16-

I wait for the woman to begin walking down the stairs. I wrap my fingers around the handle of the knife that is tucked in my belt. The leather binding around the handle creates a better grip. The woman walks past me and stops at the top of the stairs. Her diamond encrusted light blue gown gives her away to the night. She begins to walk down the stairs. I smile, the Lady Francis Dudley of Asura will die tonight. I slink out of my hiding place and silently stalk towards her. Hunting. I slide the knife out of my belt and hold the knife against my side.

She stops walking and stands in the middle of the staircase. I stand directly behind her and cover her mouth with my hand. Then I take the knife and raise it in front of her. I shove the knife underneath her breast bone and into her heart. Her blood floods onto my hands. I take my hand off of the knife handle and remove my hand from her mouth. I quickly slink into the shadows and watch her body hall to the floor. When her head hits the staircase I slip into the servants staircase and leave the dead body of Lady Francis Dudley behind.

I head back to the Imonian Duchess, Patience Knighton's servants chambers. I quickly scrawl a letter to the duquesa.

DMC - It is done. Francis Dudley is dead. No heir will ever come to the Dudley family. I will return when needed. - ACV

A/N: MORE MURDER! and a double update this week. A very immense thank you to my best friend who continues to edit this for me and leaving me wonderful notes, you are the best.