Chapter 18

Isabella Victoria

I sit on my bed and read the words on the pages of my book, History of Pirates and Privateers. A voice calls through the closed door. "Lady Isabella! Can you please come into the receiving chamber? The designer is here!"

I take the ribbon from beside me and mark my page. I set the book on my bed and stand up. I smooth the fabric of my dress and walk across the room. I open the door and walk into the receiving chamber. "Theodosia, I've told you many times over, I would like you to make my dress."

"I cannot make three elaborate dresses in a matter of seven days!"

"Three dresses?"

"Yes, there are two parts to the ball and you need a spare dress. Orsetta was going to make your spare dress. She also can sketch much better than I, so she will sketch your other two dresses so I have multiple designs to look at."

"Alright, please have a seat."

They both take a seat on the same couch. I sit on the love seat across from them. Theodosia and Orsette open up their sketchbooks and an eager look fills their faces. "What do you want to be for the masquerade?"

"The night."

"Okay. Color?"

"A very dark blue."

"Would you like any diamonds sewn into the gown?"

"Yes, if it is possible could you sew them in as constellations?"

"Yes. Cut off the dress on your shoulders?"

"Off the shoulder with silver laces on the back."

"Wonderful. Is there anything else you would like on the dress?"

"Silver lace detailing along the neckline and then some around the waistline so that it is dripping down. Otherwise you can add silver lace detailing anywhere else that you see fit."

"You have such an eye for designing, Lady Isabella. Perhaps I should always come to you for designing ideas."

"Do not steal her from me Orsette!"

"I shall try not to Theodosia."

"Now, Lady Isabella, for your second dress, we are steering towards a normal ball. I am thinking no blues or purples. What color are you thinking of?"

"Perhaps a cream, off white, or dark red."

"Off white. Gold and white detailing?"

"Yes."

"Lace off the shoulder sleeves with an off white strip of fabric over your shoulders?"

"Of course."

"Now for your extra dress. I was thinking, a dark wine red color, because you asked for a red, and gold detailing. A slightly poofy gown, there will only be a small hoop. What do you think?"

"I think it sounds very beautiful."

"But?"

"What else are we going to do with the gown?"

"Three quarter length off the shoulder sleeves."

"Tight or poofy?"

"Tight."

"This will look lovely. How would you like the neckline?"

"Simple."

"Anything else?"

"I don't think so. Feel free to go slightly crazy. Not super poofy or elaborate though."

"Alright. Thank you miss."