Chapter 26

Isabella Victoria

"Tell us everything, miss."

"About what Eliza?"

"What happened at the ball."

"Well, there was a nobleman dressed as the Lord of Light, he called me the queen of darkness."

"Please tell me you danced all night with him."

"Sush Eliza, I want to know more."

"We danced."

"For how long?"

"We had a few dances; but we spent quite a bit of time talking."

"Was he handsome?"

"Theo!"

"What, Anna?"

"You mustn't ask such things."

"I didn't ask if she kissed him."

"It matters not."

"He was very handsome, Theodosia. He had black hair, and dark-green eyes."

"And?"

"Theodosia I will send you to bed!"

"It is alright, Anna. he was very strong, a swordsman, or at least trained in the art of the blade, but he was very kind, an aura of peace surrounding him."

"What happened during the second half of the ball?"

"Thank you Eliza."

"Lizzy I was just getting more details!"

"Sorry, Theodosia."

"Back on topic please. Or I will go to bed."

"No no no, please tell us."

"Thank you. I danced with His Majesty."

"Is he a good dancer?"

"Yes. He is quite good."

"Thank you, Lady Isabella, we should be off to bed girls."

"Of course, there is no need to stay up, I need to write a letter."

I stand up from the couch, walk over to my desk, sit down, open a desk drawer, pull a piece of paper to me and begin to write.

November 2nd 1605

Dearest Father,

I apologize for not writing back sooner. I miss you very much. How has your vacation at uncle Phillip's been? How is everything at home? Oh how I miss you and all of the fun we had together at Caralein. At Ordet Palace, everything has been going well and tragic but good all at the same time. Unfortunately, there have been a few deaths during the competition. Do not worry, I will be fine. The palace is so beautiful and I have finally learned where everything is. You will be happy to know that I have been getting along well with His Majesty.

There was a ball last night. It was so wonderful. Half of the ball took place like a masquerade and then the other half was a normal ball. It was truly wonderful but much wealth was spent on the ball. Every noblewoman had two or more new dresses/costumes for the ball. I have said it before and I will continue to say it; Anna, Theodosia, and Eliza are miracle workers. I cannot believe how amazing they are at what they do.

A knock sounds at the door. Anna stands up and walks to the door. I look at the open door and see a hand give Anna a letter. She closes the door, walks over to me, and places the letter on the desk next to me. I set my quill down and pick the letter up off of my desk. The only way of address is my name. A plain wax seal is keeping the letter closed. I open the letter and begin to read.