Chapter 44

Isabella Victoria

The doors of the chapel open in front of me and I begin to walk through the doors. I clutch my father's arm and slowly walk down the aisle of the chapel. Sunlight streams through the windows casting light throughout the large chapel. Step by step, the gap between us grows smaller. I look up at Edwards face through my veil and see a soft yet overjoyed smile resting on his lips. Two stairs lie in front of my father and I. We stop walking and he kisses my forehead through the veil and places my hand in Edward's. He nods to Edward, smiles at me and walks back to his seat in the first row. I walk up the two steps and stand next to Edward as we face the priest.

"We are gathered here today, April 4th 1606, in this holy place to join Edward Drummond Westwood and Isabella Victoria Parr together in the blessed sacrament of matrimony. If anyone has a reason that these two should not be married declare it so now, or forever be silent."

The entire chapel remains quiet enough to hear a pin drop, "Very good. The vows if you please."

Edward and I turn to face each other, he takes both of my hands in his own. "I, Edward Drummond Westwoord, take you, Isabella Victoria Parr, to be my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance."

"I, Isabella Victoria Parr, take thee, Edward Drummond Westwood, to be my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance."

The priest nods, "The ring if you please."

Edward releases my hands and takes a simple band of silver off of his ring finger, "With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen." I hold out my hand and he slides the ring onto my finger, right next to the diamond encrusted engagement ring. I feel an engraving on the inside of the ring and look up at him.

"I pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

He takes the bottom corners of the veil and lifts it over my head. He releases the veil and cups my face. He presses a quick kiss to my lips and takes my hand.

"Let us be off."

"Yes."

He kisses my knuckles and releases my hand. I quickly tuck my hand into the crook of his arm. We walk down the aisle and I duck my head, trying to avoid the rice that people are throwing at us. As we walk through the halls, members of the court join into the crowd of guests following us to the ballroom.

<><><>

We enter the ballroom and the musicians begin to play the newly wedded song. Edward and I walk to our table and the guests begin to search for their name tags and sit. Servants bring out food and set in on the tables, fill up goblets with wine, cider and ale, and show the stragglers to their seats. Everyone begins to eat the first course and random toasts are shouted out throughout the meal. My father taps his knife against his gobet, and then stands at the end of the table.

"A toast to my daughter and her husband. Today, I wish to express my great joy of giving my daughter away to a man who loves her. For all of her life, I watched my daughter grow, for half of those years she grew up without a mother but still remained strong. I am so very proud of the woman she has become, and I know, with all my heart that she will be a great mother and queen to Asura. Edward, I pray that you may always find happiness and comfort in your marriage. I cannot wait to see how you two grow together. I give all of my blessings to you and your life together."

I smile at my father's speech and look up at Edward. A bright smile rests on his face, he looks down at me.

"How are you feeling, my dear?"

"Happy."

"I'm glad."

I rest my head on his shoulder and wait for the next speech to begin. John stands with a smirk on his face. "Well I cannot truthfully say that I do not know the king or my cousin very well, I know them both so well and they are some of the greatest people I have ever met. But, I have known my cousin longer and thus I must warn my friend; I wish you the best of luck and pray you never anger Isabella. For as bold as she is, she is one thousand times more stubborn. And to my dear cousin, I do hope you can cope with endless affection. Best of luck to the two of you."

He winks at us and then takes his seat, taking to Lucia with a smile on his face. "I do think cousin John looks far too happy about something."

"Indeed, but is it the ale or the conversation?"

"Not sure."

"Well, my queen of queens, I do not think it will be of too much concern to us this evening."

"Really?"

"Yes, now, I do believe this party would be a bit more entertaining if there was dancing to go with the music, don't you?"

"Why yes, and who shall begin the dancing my dear?"

"Us."

He takes my hands and leads me out to the dance floor. The musicians change the tune of the music and begin to play a waltz. Spinning and swaying, moving in a large circle around the dance floor. Other couples begin to join in and form a large circle around the dance floor. Spinning, jumping, jigs, and waltzes. 

A/N: My plans are coming to fruition (Evil smile) Thank you for reading. One Chapter Left