Chapter 5: The vacation

(y/n) POV

"MOMMY!" I shouted as I ran over to my mother and hugged her, "Hey there sweetie. Were you a good boy for lady Salem?" Mommy asked as she picked me up and hugged me, "Yeah." I said, "Well wanna go on vacation with Mommy, Emerald, and Mercury?" She asked, "Yeah!" I said happily, "Alright I'll go pack your bag." She said.

Cinder POV

'Yes my plan is going perfectly!' I thought happily as I packed (y/n)'s bag.

Flashback last week

"Yes this is perfect! There is absolutely no way that this plan could ever fail!" I said as I began to laugh evilly, "Um Cinder what's going on in here?" Emerald asked, "Oh not much just devising a plan to win back my son and make him love me forever." I said, "Ok you don't seem paranoid at all." She said sarcastically, "I know right! This plan is so perfect that it cant possibly fail!" I said, "And how long have you been working on this?" She asked, "Six months." I said.

End flashback

"Mommy Salem want's to know where you're taking me." (y/n) said, "I don't see why that's any of her concern darling." I said, "Well in the past few weeks Salem's made me start calling her Mama Salem, I don't really know why, but it makes her happy so I'm fine with it." He said, "Well I am not." I said, "But if she has to know, we are going to a beach resort for the next two weeks. You know how to swim right dear?" I asked, "No, no one ever taught me how." He said, "Well I'm going to teach you! It'll be great, just me, you, and two weeks of fun!" I said, "That sounds nice." He said.

(y/n) POV

"O...On second thought I don't need to learn to swim, I...I can just stay on land...forever." I said, "Sweetie you'll be ok, it's only three feet deep and I'll be right here." Mommy said from inside the pool.

" Mommy said from inside the pool

 "O...Ok." I said as I walked into the pool. "That's it honey, you can do it." She said as she walked over to me, "Here hold my hands and I'll drag you through the water." She said as she grabbed my wrists gently and began to pull me through the water, "Ok sweetie I want you to kick as I pull you through the water ok." She said, I nodded and started to kick.

"I am so proud of you sweetie." Mommy said as she wrapped me up in a towel, "Did I really do good Mommy?" I asked, "No you did amazing my little guppy." She said as she tickled me playfully, "Now lets go up to the room and see if Emerald and Mercury want to go out for lunch with us." She said, "Ok!" I said happily.

Cinder POV

"Where are they?" I asked myself, "Here sweetie, why don't you go look for them in their room, and I'll go see if the're in our room." I said as I handed him the key-card to Emerald and Mercury's room, "Ok Mommy!" (y/n) said happily as he took the key-card and ran off to Mercury and Emerald's room, "Ok you two get out here now!" I said, "So you knew we were here hugh?" Emerald said as she walked out of my room in her underwear, "It was faint but yes I could here you two...and I do not appreciate you two doing that in my child's bed." I said, "So that's why you sent him to our room." Mercury said, "Get dressed you two and you better do it quick cause (y/n)'s going to coming back soon." I said, "Mommy I couldn't find them." (y/n) said, "They're in our room honey." I said, "Yeah Mercury had a headache so we came to look for some medicine." Emerald said. 

(y/n) POV

"Thank you Mommy!" I said as I hugged my mother, "Your welcome honey. I guess you liked lunch then?" Mommy said, "Yeah! It was great!" I said, "Ok honey tomorrow we'll go to the beach alright." She said, "Ok!" I said as she picked me up.

Cinder POV

"Ok sweetie you'll be sleeping with Mommy for a while." I said, "Why Mommy?" (y/n) asked, "Well sweetie Mercury and Emerald spilled some stuff on it and I don't want you to get any on you." I said softly.

"Come on sweetie it's just a big swimming pool!" I said form the beach.

 "I...It's too big Mommy! It's scary!" (y/n) said, "It's alright hun why don't you come sit with me." I said, "Ok Mommy." He said as he crawled onto the lounge chair with me, "What's the matter honey? You weren't this scared yesterday at the pool." I said as I held him close to me, "Yesterday you were with me Mommy, and the pool wasn't this big and scary." He said, "Mercury and Emerald would be there with you." I said, "Yeah, but everything is a lot less scary when your with me!" He said, "Such a spoiled little boy. You just wanna be with your mommy, you're just a little mamas boy. And you know what that's just fine with me, you just keep on being my little boy and I'll keep spoiling you ok honey." I said as I kissed his forehead.

"Hey Cinder Mercury and I rented a boat wanna join us?" Emerald asked, "Shh he's sleeping. He didn't sleep very well last night so he fell asleep a few minutes after he lied down." I said, "You spoil him far to much Cinder." She said, "Yeah, but he deserves it." I said as he rolled over slightly draping his arm across my chest, "Cinder are you just gonna let him do that to you!" She said, "Yes I am because he's my son and I love him." I said, "Yes, but this isn't normal! A mother shouldn't act this way with her child!" She said, "Emerald he's four and asleep. It's not like he knows, realizes, or even understands what he's doing." I said, "Yeah but still if it were anyone else you would have burnt their hands off twice over by now! So what's so different about him hugh? Hell he's not even your real son! He's not even your adopted son! He is just some kid who saw you and decided that you looked pretty, and then on some random ass whim you took him from an orphanage so what you could play house!" She said, "Emerald I suggest you watch your tone before you say something you will come to regret. Do I make myself clear!" I said angrily, "Mommy?" (y/n) said groggily, "Shh, you can go back to sleep darling it's alright. Mommy and Emerald are just having a bit of a disagreement that's all honey." I said as he went back to sleep, "Emerald I didn't adopt him just on some whim. I did it because I love him and he loves me. Sometimes it does feel like I do love him far more than I should, but I know deep down he feels the same about me." I said as I petted his hair softly.

"Mommy?" (y/n) said groggily, "Well good morning honey." I said as I gave him a kiss on the forehead, "How long was I asleep?" He asked, "About an hour maybe an hour and a half." I said, "I'm sorry Mommy, I ruined our trip to the beach." He said sadly, "No no you didn't ruin a thing honey." I said, "But I just slept the entire time." He said, "Yeah, but you didn't sleep very well last night so don't blame yourself darling." I said, "Did you have a nice nap?" I asked, "Yeah, I felt safe next to you." He said as he cuddled up against me, "You know sweetie I could go for a swim how about you come with me." I said, "I wont leave your side honey." I said as I got up, "Ok Mommy." He said.

"Honey if your scared I promise you I wont let anything happen to and if anything does happen the resort is less than a thousand feet away at most and at least fifteen hundred feet to the nearest elevator." I said as he walked over to me, "That's it sweetie that's it!" I said as he came further and further into the water. "Very good sweetheart, I'm so proud of you!" I said as I held his hands, "Mommy something just brushed my foot!" (y/n) said as he clung to me, "Honey, honey that was my leg. I lost my balance a bit and my leg touched you that's all." I said, "Baby let's go back to the room. We can take a shower and then we'll take a nap. How does that sound honey?" I asked, he nodded.