Chapter 8: Ice cold

(y/n) POV

"MOMMY!" I shouted as I ran to my mother carrying something in my hands, "What do you have there sweetie?" Mommy asked, "I made this." I said happily as I handed her a small heart made of black ice, "Sweetie how did you do this?" She asked, "Mama Salem told me that you could do more with your maiden powers than burn things. Things like create ice, so I decided to try it since I have the same powers, but every time I did the ice kept melting, so I made a new type of ice just for you Mommy!" I said happily, "Thank you sweetheart." She said as she kissed my forehead, "Oh sweetie what did you do to this marker? I haven't been able to wash it off." She asked, "Magic." I said, "Oh that's right magic...wait what?" She said, "Magic markers!" I said as I drew on the wall, "WHO KEEPS GIVING HIM SHARPIES?!" She yelled as Mercury hid a box of markers behind his back.

"I'm sorry Mommy." I said, "I'm not mad honey." Mommy said, "She's mad." Mercury said, "Your mad." I said, "Ok one Mercury shut it, and two (y/n) I'm only mad at Mercury for constantly giving markers." Mommy said, "How do you know it was me?!" Mercury asked, "Emerald." Mommy and I said, "Of coarse it was." He said as we walked to class.

"(Y/N)!" Blake shouted as she ran over to me, "MOMMY!" I said as jumped into my mother's arms, "Sweetie what's the matter?" Mommy asked, "That's Blake." I said, "Good you listened." She said, "My (y/n)!" Blake said as she tried to take me from Mommy, "I'm going to have to ask you to let him go right now or things will get real ugly real fast." Mommy said, "MY (Y/N)!" Blake said, "Ok down girl!" Yang said as she pulled Blake away, "I'm so sorry about Blake she's not usually like this." Ruby said, "I believe you." Mommy said, "She's been acting like that ever since (y/n) said she was pretty." Weiss said, "That makes since. It's probably because of his semblance." Mommy said, "My semblance?" I asked, "Yes, you can make women fall in love with you. At this point it's involuntary, but eventually he might be able to use to use it at will." She said, "Gypped!" I said, "What do you mean?" Yang asked, "I hopped my semblance would be something cool, but instead I get some lame one!" I said, "Oh come on bud it's a great semblance." Mommy said as she put me down, "Yes it sounds very useful...in fact I wish I had it." Pyrrha said, "Lets face it I have the Jaune of semblances, lame and useless." I said sadly, "You're just gonna take that?" Mommy asked, "You know normally I'd say something, but he's not wrong." Jaune said.

"Come on sweetie stop sulking." Mommy said, "No!" I said as I pouted in the corner, "No sweetie I'm being serious you're making a dome of ice around yourself and it's all I can do to keep it from sealing you in with no air." She said as she pulled me out of the corner, "Sweetie why don't you like your semblance?" She asked as she sat down on the bed, "Because It means that you only love me because of it." I said sadly, "Aw sweetie, you didn't have your semblance until after you got lost by my best estimate and I already loved you far before then." She said as she kissed my forehead, "Plus I'm your mother so it doesn't work on me." She said as she playfully tickled me, "Mommy stop it!" I laughed, "Sweetie please don't hate your semblance. It's a part of you, so saying you hate it is like saying you hate yourself." She said, "Ok Mommy." I said, "Thank you sweetie, and just so you know I love everything about you semblance included." She said as she kissed my forehead.

Cinder POV

So hows (y/n)?" Mercury asked, "Yeah, he's napping right now, but I feel bad there's no one in his life that's even remotely a father figure." I said, "Well then what am I?!" He asked, "A bad influence." I said, "Hey!" He said, "Ok well I guess you're like an annoying uncle." I said, "That's better." He said, "And what about Neo and I?" Emerald asked, "Disapproving aunt, and silent yet loving older sister." I said, "That's fair." She said, "Well the answer seems simple just find a boyfriend." Mercury said, "The hell you say?" I asked, "Oh I was just reading what Neo wrote since no one else was." he said, "Oh well good advice Neo, but I don't think it's that easy." I said, "Sure it is your a young hot piece of... NEO!" I said, "I am a mother! That is highly inappropriate no matter how true it may be!" I said.