Chapter 17: Advent of death

(y/n) POV

"Blake I...I'm so cold." I said as Blake carried me, "I know sweetie, just hold on a bit longer ok." Blake said, "Here you go bud." Yang said as she draped her jacket over me, "Consider this my apology for how I treated you earlier." She said, "GRIMM!" Ruby shouted as an alpha emerged from the woods. As everyone got ready to fight I saw a hint of something around its neck. "Fluffy?" I said as Blake put me down. I walked towards the grimm, "(Y/N) COME BACK!" Blake yelled as I continued to walk towards the grimm until I was face to face with it. It snarled at me viciously, "Fluffy, sit!" I commanded, suddenly the grimm sat down and began to pant, "Shake." I said and it put it's paw in my hand, "Roll over." I said and it rolled over, "Now play dead." I said it flopped over onto it's side and played dead, "Now speak!" I said and it let out a playful roar, "Good girl Fluffy! Who's a good girl!" I said as she flopped onto her side so I could scratch her belly, "Good girl." I said as I scratched her belly, "(y...y/n) what are you doing?" Ruby asked, "I'm petting Fluffy! She was my pet until she ran away." I said as Fluffy licked me, "Ok well um sweetie um your pet is..." Blake said, "Your pet is evil and should be killed." Qrow said, "B...But." I said sadly, "Sweetie don't worry Qrow isn't going to hurt Fluffy, but she cant come with us." Blake said, "Ok, Fluffy go home." I said sadly, Fluffy whined a bit before she walked away sadly turning back once to get one last look at her master.

"Guys look!" Ruby said, "It's some kind of farm. I think we should rest here for tonight." She said.

"Hello anyone home?!" Ruby said as she walked into the house, "Doesn't seem like anyone's here." Weiss said, "Blake I don't like it here. We should go." I said, "It's alright sweetie." Blake said, "Besides you cant leave, you'd freeze to death within minutes out there." Qrow said, "It's just for one night." Blake said, "I...I'll make a fire I said as she put me down.

I tried my hardest to use the magic Mama Salem gave me, but every time I did I saw her face and remembered all that I had learned, "You're thinking too much." Maria said, "I...I'm trying my hardest!" I said, "There's your problem you're trying to do it. Tell me have you ever heard the phrase 'There is no try only do'?" She asked, "No." I said, "Stop trying and just do what ever you have to do. That power of yours is just that yours not hers or anyone else's." She said, "I...I think I get it." I said as a small golden flame appeared in the palm of my hand. I smiled and put it in the fireplace. "Good job sweetie." Blake said as she hugged me from behind.

Cinder POV

"Did you find him yet?" I asked, "No, but someone else has been lookin' for you." Lil' Miss said, "But I'll give you this, that kid you wanted me to find is probably dead cause I cant find him." She said, suddenly Neo attacked me.

Lucy POV

"So you can find him?" I asked, "Sure, but it'll cost ya." The man said, "How about you find him and I let you live." I said as I held the tip of Dark Echo to his throat, "T...That's a fair trade." He said.

Blake POV

"I feel bad for him." Yang said, "He's lost so much in so little time, first his home, then his mother, everything he once knew, and now his pet." She said, "Yeah, but look at him sleeping as if nothing happened." I said as I petted (y/n)'s head as he slept in my lap, "We should get some rest." Ruby said.