Chapter 18

A/N - I do not own Harry Potter or any of it's characters. I only play in the universe. Any ideas that other authors that recognize some of their ideas, I apologize, I have read so many stories that I can't remember where I get some of them. Send me a PM and I will try to give you the credit that you deserve. I appreciate constructive criticism but will ignore any flames you send me. If you don't like the story then don't read it.

Chapter 9

Before anyone in the castle knew, the week had ended and they were just three days away from exams. At breakfast, McGonagall announced that the mandrakes were ready to be cut and the Mandrake Draught would be ready that night. When she announced that, the Great Hall was rocked with cheers.

The rest of the day went on with the entire castle seeming much happier. After lunch, hey Harry and Hermione spent their time outside, sitting by the lake, reading their manybooks. Harry was reading more on Runes and Hermione was reading on useful charms in dueling. Luna and Ginny were with them, they were studying for their Transfiguration exams. They went about the rest of their day as they normally would. Towards the evening they were walking around the castle, talking with each other about their summer plans when Harry felt the wards on the chamber alert him. Just he felt the wards go off, they heard McGonagall over the loudspeaker.

"All students, report to your House dormitories immediately. Teachers are to report to the Staff room. Thank you."

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and made sure they were alone, then walked into a shadow. They emerged in the staff room. They watched, hidden from the inhabitants of the room and listened to the conversation.

McGonagall said, "The worst has happened. The heir has taken students into the Chamber itself."

The other teachers gasped and Flitwick asked, "Who have they taken Minerva?"

The acting Headmistress sighed, "Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood and Zacharias Smith."

The professors continued talking, but Harry and Hermione heard nothing that they said. The heir had taken Luna. He was angry that they had taken Ginny as well, but Luna was like his sister. He was worried that Zacharias Smith had been taken too, but the guy was a pompous prick that could annoy anyone he came in contact with. While thinking of what they could do, the two Ravenclaws noticed Chris, Neville and Ron hiding elsewhere in the room, listening to the conversation.

Using telepathy, they found that the three Gryffindors had figured out where the entrance was and were going to tell the staff members what they had found, but decided to be idiotic Gryffindors and do it themselves. Harry and Hermione followed them as they went and got Lockhart to go with them. The two Ravenclaws were amazed at their sheer stupidity. Lockhart would be more a nuisance, than a help. When the small party, got to Myrtle's bathroom, they questioned her, the same as Harry and Hermione had. Though, Chris was much more rude to her than they had been.

Once they got down to the outer chamber, Harry had Hermione go back and tell the professors what was happening.

She agreed and kissed him, "Be careful."

Harry smirked, "Always am."

Hermione smirked and rolled her eyes. She shadow traveled back to the corridor outside the bathroom and had a thought. She quickly went to Gringotts and asked Ragnok for a favor. He granted it and she was back in Hogwarts in less than five minutes. She made her way to the staffroom. When she got there, she walked into, what appeared to be a big meeting.