Chapter 20

A/N - I do not own Harry Potter or any of it's characters. I only play in the universe. Any ideas that other authors that recognize some of their ideas, I apologize, I have read so many stories that I can't remember where I get some of them. Send me a PM and I will try to give you the credit that you deserve. I appreciate constructive criticism but will ignore any flames you send me. If you don't like the story then don't read it.

Chapter 2

Rome

Harry and Hermione laughed at her parents as they landed with the Portkey clutched in their hands. When Emma realized where they were, she gasped at the sight. The Coliseum was in the distance.

"You brought us to Rome!" she exclaimed.

Harry chuckled, "Well, yeah. Do you like it?"

Dan smirked, "Of course she does; she's been wanting to come here for years. We've never had a chance to come. Usually, we go to France or the States for our summer vacations."

"Hermione said as much. I have a townhouse in the city so we can stay here for a week, then head to France for two weeks with a Time-Turner," Harry smiled.

The Grangers nodded their approval and they left the Portkey arrival site and made their way to the Gringotts branch in Rome. From there, they got their money exchanged and withdrew some Galleons to shop in the magical district.

They finally made it to Harry's townhouse around dusk and got settled. Harry, once again, insisted on Dan and Emma having they the master bedroom, while he took a smaller guest room. Once they had their things put away, they decided they would eat out for dinner. They went to a little restaurant around the corner from the house, where the kids shared Pasta cacio e pepe and the elder Grangers shared the same. Afterwards, they explored the area and enjoyed the evening.

Throughout the following few days, they toured the Vatican City and saw Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. They visited the Pantheon and toured the different museums that were in the city. They even went to the Trevi Fountain and made a wish and took a Portkey and explored Pompeii. When they weren't seeing the sights, they were talking with the friendly locals.

One their fifth day in Rome, they found that there was going to be a duelling tournament in a warded off part of the Coliseum. Both Harry and Hermione wanted to be in it. At first, the Granger parents were reluctant to let Hermione participate, but after talking with the youngsters, they relented and allowed Hermione to participate.

At the sign in, they found out that the tournament was with between two-person teams. Each team would duel each other and try to incapacitate the opposing team. They found out that the winning team of the children's' division would have a chance to go against the winning team of the adult division.

When they found this out, both Harry and Hermione smiled. They excused themselves and Shadowed back to their townhouse for their dragon-hide training armour. They didn't need to advertise that they had better armour to those that were going to be watching. When they got back, they put their names in and found that the rules were the standard Duelling Circuit rules; no outright Dark magic that couldn't be healed, no Unforgivables, anything else allowed.

They explained to a tournament official about their armour and extra wands and they were told that they were okay to use, though not many others in the children's division had armour or multiple wands. As the tournament got underway, they put their armour on and checked each other over.