Chapter 3 * surviving Dinner*

Chapter 3 * Survivng dinner*

"Get the hell out of my drawers" I growl, marching over and slamming my white drawers shut.

Does this kid know anything about privacy or is he just being annoying and trying to get under my skin? All I know is that every minute I spend with him, he just annoys me more and more.

"Nice bras, I'm really loving the lime green one with strawberries, do you have a matching G-string?" he says, shooting me an smirk.

What's with this boy and smirking?!

"Why would you care? Would you like to borrow it sometime?" I shot back .

"Nah, I've got my own" he said with a laugh.

"That's nice to know.."

He walked over to my bed and plopped his muscular body onto my bed, making it shake. Does he want to break my damn bed or something?

"So Chloeee do you have a boyfriend?" he asked, while fiddling with my purple dream catcher that was hanging on my bed frame.

"Does food include being my boyfriend?"

"Nope"

"Well then no, why do you care?" I question.

"I don't know, you seem interesting enough, I though you'd have boys drooling over you" he shrugged.

"Woah did Blake Ryder just give me a compliment" this was something I thought would never happen.

"Don't get used to it-" his sentence was cut short by my mother calling us both down for dinner. I pray to god that the food she made isn't contaminated.

We quietly take a seat at the dinner table and load our plates with food. Today mum has cooked her roast turkey, mashed potatoes and peas. That's what she usually cooks for guests.

"So Chloe, Blake's been playing guitar for about 5 year , do you play any instruments?" Mr.Ryder breaks the semi awkward silence .

Think, Chloe, think ..
"Yeah ... I've been playing the .. triangle for about 3 years now" I manage to say.

Wait what? Did I just seriously just say I've been playing the triangle for 3 years that makes me sound like an even bigger loser than before... ugh!

"That's nice" he comments, while next to me Blake seems like he's going to die trying to contain his laughter.

I find his foot and stomp on it as hard as I can. He whines.

"Is everything alright Blake?" his father asks.

"Peachy, the foods just so divine" he replies.

Woah did he just be polite? This day is just getting weirder and weirder.

"Okay Chloe, Blake why dont you go into the theater room and watch a movie while me, your father & Mr.Ryder talk about business?" My mum suggests.

"Okay mum" I stood up waiting for Blake to get his lazy ass out of of the dining chair.

In silence we walked over to the theatre room. This was the only amazing part of our house, well except the pool. It has a huge projector that made the movies about the same size as the screen in your local cinemas. White and black recliner chairs scattered around and then various types of vending machines.

"Wow" he breathed, his eyes darting all over the huge room.

"I know, that was my expression when I first found out about this room" I replied.

"This is amazing, so what movie are we going to watch?" he asks.

"Well since you're the guest and I sadly have to be nice to you, it's your choice, the cabinet over there has various types of movies to choose from" I nod at him.

"Do you have 'The Ward'? " he asks..

I hate horror movies, oh my god if he wants to watch that I don't know if I can survive!!

"Yes.." I reply.

"Well then lets watch that" Damn it.

I grudgingly make my way over to the huge black cabinet thats stuffed with movies from Katy Perry's Part Of Me to the Simpson movie.

I finally find The Ward and stick it into the projector, motioning for Blake to take a seat. He chooses to sit on the black felt couch that's in one of the front rows. Wait that means I have to sit next to him..... ugh.

"So, have you seen this movie before?" he asks me, resting his arm on the neck of the couch.

"Nope and never planned to, I'm only watching it to be nice"

"Dont worry, I'll protect you" he drapes his monkey arm around me.

is it weird to realise how muscular his arm is, like even without feeling it with my hand you can tell he's well built. ..

Oh my God, what if he has a six pack? That would be so cool like I've always wanted to lick whipped cream off someone's abs... wait not his.. oh god that just sounds so damn creepy... nice one, Chloe..

About an hour into the movie, I can't even look at the screen anymore. There is this zombie thing that keeps taking the mental patients and killing them. Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk

I shut my eyes and snuggle into the first thing I can feel...

Wait my pillow isn't this hard.. I open one eye and am met by a smiling Blake.. how can he be smiling whilst watching this? 

"What?" I ask.

"You're snuggled up to me, how cute, Chloe Miller actually snuggles into people" he comments.

"Ha ha ha, look I'm scared, don't judge me"

"Don't worry, I wont" then he pulls me closer to him.. well this would be a cute moment if he wasn't a jerk.

I can feel the outline of his abs.. oh my gosh he has abs! I think it's like a six pack or an eight pack. Wow, now I want to see him shirtless.

Wait.. no I don't he's Blake, who I've only known for 2 days.....

"Hey Chloe, are you going to Lilly's party on Saturday? She told me to invite you" he whispers.

"Nope, my parents don't like me going to parties and if I do, Max has to come" I reply, not even daring to open my eyes.

"Who's Max?" he questions.

"My brother, he's a year older than me and is usually out when my dad has a business partner over because a few years ago he tripped over, grabbed the table cloth to steady his landing and all the food, drinks, cutlery was all spilt over our guests and lets just say my dad had lost a client" I chuckled, thinking of that fond memory. The client's usual blonde hair turned red because a bottle of wine got spilt over his head.

"And you can always sneak out.." Ha, me sneak out .. yeah right.

"No thank you, I'd rather not get killed by my parents" I comment.

"They will never know Chloe, or are you too scared?" he teased, that make some anger bubble up inside of me.

"I'm not scared" I snap.