Chapter 23 * Surviving the Pom Pom's*

“Now try to find the gradient of a slope going down by 3xy and up by 4xct then timesing it by x, Please write the answer in you books and I'll come around and check it in ten minutes , Chop Chop” Miss Maple clapped her wrinkly hands as a long groan swept through the class.

What the hell is a gradient? I though it was a trio of cheeses and dip but it's some type of maths equation.

I hate you Math so much, its really not a joke.

“Could all the cheerleader from Woodfire High please meet coach in the gym, Sorry for any interruptions to teachers” A voice boomed through the PA's.

These are the times when I love being a cheerleader.

IM FREEEEEEEE

“Chloe please go pack up your things and don't disrupt the class or you'll be getting detention” Miss Maple scolded. Did I seriously just say that aloud?

Thug my life....

Quickly stuffing my worn out maths book and some stray pieces of paper laying on the grey coloured desk into my bag, I got out of my chair and pushed it in before hurrying out of maths class like there was no tomorrow.

Walking down the stray halls and peering into the full classrooms on seniors probably bored out of their minds made me feel the tiniest bit superior.

Not like oh I'm cheerleader and you're not, more like a 'I'm out of class and your not suckers!' way. Maybe its just me...

Walking up to the gym and pushing the double metallic doors I stepped in and most of the squad were already there with grim expressions on their faces.

Walking up to a clump of girls that included Amanda and Alexis, “:Hey guys, what's with the faces?” I asked.

“The football game has been moved to tonight so now we have lost a week of valuable practise and out cheer is good but needs to be patched up” Alexis muttered, her long black hair was pulled up in a sleep ponytail and she had a weary expression laying on her pale face.

Are they shitting me? I can't perform the cheer tonight because number one today is my day to eat all night and not care and we really need to clean out cheers up.

“Your kidding me right guys?, Please be joking” I plead, they shake their heads sadly, this is going to be a long night.

“OKAY GIRLS LISTEN HERE” The coaches assistant, Miss. Blue yells into one of those mega phones so her voice vibrates through the gym causing everyone to snap their gazes into her direction

“I bet you have all heard the news, so you have been excused from the rest of your classes to practise you're routines. The game starts at 6 so you have about 3 hours pf practise then 1 hour to prepare your uniforms and stuff” she shouted through the megaphone