4.

The next few days passed as a blur to Amelia, only remembering bits of it.

There were voices, too many of them near Amelia. She didn't recognize any of them, but she wasn't sure if she would've been able to with the unbearable pain in her head. It felt as if there was an invisible hand crushing her skull. It hurt so much she blacked out a few seconds after waking up.

The second memory is almost as blurred. This time her head wasn't hurting as much, the pain had relieved a little bit, only enough for her to feel her ribs aching. She was more conscious and tried to turn her head ignoring the massive pain the movement caused. She felt a soft fabric under her, and paying attention she noticed it was a bed, but it was way too fluffy to be her own bed.

She heard someone speaking, she couldn't understand what they were saying though, and she couldn't focus her vision but she could see the silhouette of a person in the daylight as they approached her. That was when everything went dark again.

The third time she woke up she was feeling a lot better. Still with her eyes closed, she did a mental check up on herself. The skull-crushing hand wasn't there anymore, she felt her head throb a little but it was nothing compared to how much it hurt before. Her ribs were a bit sore but she could handle it. With slow moves, she opened her right hand and then closed it again.

She took a deep breath and it was when she noticed the voices - angry voices. She was so focused on trying to feel every part of her body that she didn't hear them, even if it was difficult to miss taking into account that whoever those people were, they aren't trying to be discrete.

"All I am saying is to not jump into conclusions. Let's wait for the girl to wake up and then we decide what to do with her." A frustrated male voice argued.

"No one here is making conclusions. We've talked about it. The girl stays until she is fully recovered. I've seen the way that woman treats her, she won't take care of her the way we can do." Another man said angrily. His voice was strong and he pronounced every word like it was a command. Amelia wanted to see where the voices were coming from. She turned her head to the right. "And I don't want to hear another..." He stops talking when Amelia let out a small whimper. Her head wasn't as critical as before but it wasn't great either.

Silence filled the room. When Amelia realized they had noticed she was awake she stopped moving. She didn't open her eyes either, wanting them to be the first to say or do something. They didn't disappoint. A few seconds after, she heard a thick but sweet voice. "Oh please, you guys woke her up with this stupid discussion." Footsteps could be heard going toward the bed where Amelia laid.

The person stopped once they were near the bed, then they sat on it. "Hello," They greeted in a sweet tone. "Can you open your eyes?" An unknown feeling of safeness spread through Amelia's chest. Somehow she knew she could trust this person. So she did as they said.

Beautiful hazel eyes were the first thing Amelia saw when she opened her eyes. The woman was tall, even sitting on the bed Amelia needed to look up to see her face. Her sweet smile and shoulder-length black hair were the next things she noticed. "Are you feeling pain?"

Amelia pondered for a few seconds. "Nothing I can't tolerate." She whispered.

The woman let a chuckle as if she was expecting it. "As I thought." She paused and watched carefully Amelia's face. "Can you tell us your name?"

Only at the mention of "us" Amelia remembered there were other people in the room. She looked over the woman's shoulder and saw two men. She recognized them, they were the ones leaving the clinic that day. The shorter was blonde, short hair, and hazel eyes. But like the other time, who caught her attention was the taller.