24b.

Amelia's head was feeling light. Like when you stand up too fast and your vision blur and you think you are going to fall.

The woman in front of her, she always knew was crazy, but this was another level. One that was too much to comprehend.

Naomi didn't seem to notice Amelia's dizziness as she kept yelling more absurd things about her life.

"I did everything for you!" Naomi screamed. "I moved to this disgusting city and founded the cult as soon as I noticed there were people here who believed in werewolves. I did it for you, Amelia. This way you would grow up knowing the evil those creatures represent to the world and you would hate them. But it didn't work because there is no way to cure a monster."

"You did it for me? I've been hating my life since I was only a child. Everything here was always surrounded by hate and disrespect." Amelia's face was washed in tears, her voice breaking between screams. "My life was a living hell because of you."

"You lied to me my whole life. I have a family!" Naomi could see the veins in Amelia's neck, given the force with which she was screaming. "And you stole me from them."

"Do you want to know where I was all this time? I was living in a house full of werewolves who since the first day told me the truth you hid from me for twenty-two years. They taught me there is nothing normal in what you call 'love'. They are better than you will ever be." The screams faded. Now, there was only a woman who had been hurt all her life, saying everything that was stuck in her throat for years. "They are not monsters. You are a monster. A monster." She repeated.

After those words left her lips, something felt right. Amelia realized she was not afraid of Naomi. She could not rule in her life anymore. She was not a little girl. She was a woman now. An omega. And she didn't need Naomi's approval for anything.

"I feel sorry for you. You spent all your life hating the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Your sister did not kill your mother. You rejected her because you wanted. You could have been a part of her life but you preferred to be envious, hiding in the shadows."

"What you did with me is not mercy, it's cruelty. A crime. And you are a sicko if you think this is love."

That's it. She finally said it. The burden in her heart was all out now. Amelia felt light as if she had a chain locking her with Naomi all her life, and it was broken at that moment.

She stared at Naomi, willing to hear what the woman had to say about it. They just stared at each other, until - for just a millisecond - Naomi's eyes shifted, looking over Amelia's shoulder.

When her eyes stared at Amelia's again, they had a wicked glow that matched the smirk on her lips. Frowning at the sudden change of mood, Amelia's sense kicked in and she heard someone took a deep breath behind her.

It was not Albert, neither it was Juliette.

And like in the movies, time seemed to slow down.

Amelia turned her head in the direction of the stranger at the same time a metallic sound clicked. Her reflexes were faster than her mind, and before she could process what the sound meant, her legs moved, throwing her body aside.

It was one of the training Ethan gave her. "Not always you will be able to attack first. Sometimes, your best option is to dodge who attacked you" was his mantra to this specific exercise.

But it didn't matter how much Ethan trained her. Nothing could prepare her for the real danger. Where she would hear the blast even before she could see the gun.

First, the unique sound of the air being cut by a very fast and very small object arrived at Amelia's ears. Then, she noticed a man - the hunter. His eyes were wide, and he had in his hand, pointing in her direction, a gun.