7b.

"Do you want to go to bed? I am sure you are exhausted. The medications cause somnolence. We can talk more tomorrow, and some things you will found out here. The rest of the pack should arrive soon from their jobs, but I will make sure they let you sleep." Ethan said.

"I would love to rest now. Thank you." She accepted and then paused. "Talking about it, for how long I've been here?" She was annoyed at herself for not asking it before.

"I brought you here two days ago," Taylor answered. Amelia frowned.

"How am I so good? I mean, it still hurts a little but it shouldn't be worse if there were only two days to recover?" They chuckled.

"Werewolves heal faster than humans, it is one of the perks of being a wolf." Matthew said chuckling and winked at her. She was shocked that he was being so friendly with her now, but she needed to admit she preferred it this way.

Taylor took her to the same bedroom she was before, while Ethan prepared a fast dinner for her. Her cheeks grew red when she discovered that this was Ethan's bedroom. The house was still in the process of expansion. They would build more rooms for future members and occasional guests. Ethan was sleeping on the sofa in the living room. Taylor left her alone for a few moments to get some clothes for her.

Now, calmer then she was before, she could take a more attentive look to the details. She had seen just a little of the house, but what she saw showed her that they were really organized.

There were books on a shelf, and Amelia got curious. What would a guy like Ethan like to read? From her spot on the bed, she could only see one title. "Moby Dick". For some reason, she wasn't surprised. But before she could give it a second thought something else caught her attention.

One of the wardrobe drawers was open. Just a little, but it was enough for her to see the deep red fabric. She gasped and ran toward it. When her hands touched the cloak her lips curved into a relieved smile. When she took the cape from inside the drawer and examined it however, her smile faded. At some moment, during the attack in the forest, a stripe was ripped.

It wasn't so big, but she needed to take care of it as soon as possible or her mother would be mad. When she looked up to search for needles and threads she remembered that this was not her house, and she had no idea where things like those would be. She decided to fix it later. It wasn't her main priority right now.

That was when Ethan entered the room with a plate of soup for her. He stayed with her while she ate, making sure there would be nothing left on her plate. They chatted a little about random things like his books, nothing that would add the ton of things she had to think about before sleeping. She was surprised with his cooking skills, the dinner was delicious.

After he left wishing her a good rest, Taylor returned with a change of clothes. Amelia thought she took too long to only get a night-suit. She had an impression that Taylor wanted to give her and Ethan some privacy before, but she said nothing about it. Before leaving Amelia to change, she noticed the red cloak on top of the bed.

"Oh, your cape was really dirty after you fell on the ground so I washed it. I hope you don't mind." Amelia didn't have time to answer that it was fine because Taylor continued soon after. "Oh, and it is damaged a little, but I didn't want to fix it before talking to you." Amelia's eyes widened.

"Oh, no." She said fast, her mother didn't let anyone touch the cape. "Don't worry about it, I will take care of it." She gave the woman a tight smile trying to soften her tone, scolding herself for acting like that in front of Taylor and grabbed the red fabric with her left hand. Taylor gave her a suspicious look but left the room wishing her a good night.

Damn it, Amelia. Naomi would never know if Taylor fixed it. Stop. Making them think you are crazy. She cursed herself.

She went to the white door in the opposite wall to the bed where Ethan said was the bathroom. Putting the clothes in the sink, she looked at herself in the mirror.

Her face was a little pale, but she supposed it was better than it should've been after she woke up from her coma. There was a light pink color in her nose and cheeks. Her big eyes looked even bigger than normal, and it was due to the fact that she had lost weight in those two days. The amber color looking back at her didn't bother her as much as it used to. They were very similar to the three werewolves she just met.

Shaking her head she took off the clothes she was using - that were Taylor's too - and stepped into the shower. The warm water immediately relaxing her and her tense muscles.

After the longest bath in her life, she was feeling a lot better. Not having to worry about her siblings needing to use the bathroom or her mother screaming that she was using all the water was a good change for her showers.

Comfortable in the deep blue sweatshirt that Taylor lent her, she brushed her long brown hair. After drying her hair the best she could with a towel, she went to bed. Now, with the lights off and no sound to distract her, all the things she discovered since waking up in that same bed came to her mind. It would be a long night for Amelia.