15.

Amelia was not sure how it happened.

At a moment she was doing a training session with Ethan, and the next her body started to feel hotter and hotter until the next thing she knew, she was on four legs. She had shifted into wolf form. And she was freaking out.

"Wow! You shifted. Were you trying to do it?" Ethan asked amazed.

The big wolf with grey and white fur only stared back at him. Eyes wide.

"You can talk to me. I don't know if I told you this before but werewolves can talk telepathically while in wolf form." Ethan said in a calm tone as if he hadn't just given Amelia a fact almost impossible to believe.

Like this. It was Ethan's voice, but it didn't come from his mouth, it was in her head.

What? What is it? Amelia thought, not knowing if she was doing it right. She was having a hard time believing in this.

Oh, you got it fast. Said his voice in her head.

"It's easy like that, we need a way to stay in touch, even when we cannot speak." He explained now out loud, knowing that she probably needed some time to get accustomed to it. "And about the shifting... You probably were just too much focused on the chase, and your body reacted. It's a good thing. I thought we would have to train more for it." He said with a pleased smile.

So... what should I do know? The wolf was looking around the backyard cringing its nose, clearly uncomfortable in the new form.

Ethan shrugged. "Whatever you want to do."

And if I want to shift back, how do I do it? The wolf sat back, looking at Ethan with attention. But her expression turned to one of confusion as Ethan started to chuckle.

"You look so human." He stopped chuckling but kept the amused look while answering her. "Well, the good news is that we can control when to shift back. But, for now, there is the bad news that when you shift for the first time, the only thing that will bring your human form back is exhaustion. So, wear yourself out."

At this point, she was certain the limitation of expressions that a wolf could demonstrate kept Ethan from seeing the unbelief she felt at his words.

So I should just, what, run in the forest for the rest of the evening? She said sarcastically but Ethan nodded in confirmation saying it was a good plan.

Amelia was ready to say that she wouldn't enter a forest she didn't know because it was certain she would get lost but was interrupted when Matt exited the house. "I will go with you." He yelled while taking off his shoes. He was already without his shirt, what would make Amelia blush if she could. She was definitely not accustomed to them showing so much skin.

It was fun to see him struggle to take off his pants. For a wolf, they could be so clumsy sometimes it had Amelia giggling to herself and then answering a too-fast 'nothing' when they asked what she was laughing about.

Ethan excused himself to pick up some clothes for her, and she wanted to scream for him to let Taylor do it because she was too embarrassed to have him looking in her drawers to pick a cloth but she needed to get used to the lack of privacy. After all, they would not shift back with clothes so there was not much she could do.

Amelia turned her back to Matt for him to take all the clothes off. Even if he didn't care about it, she did. A few moments after a deep brown wolf sat beside her. It wasn't Amelia's first time seeing Matthew in this form, of course, but this time she wasn't freaking out, and neither was this the first time she saw a wolf.

Ethan came back with a little bag on which her clothes were. He bowed down near her and strapped the bag on her back letting the part with the clothes in her abdomen. This way it would not disturb her when she ran and she wouldn't need to come back naked in human form.

She had seen them doing it before and thought it was really a smart solution. Matt had his own, just like her. They stood up and started walking to the forest. Before they were far away though, Ethan yelled at Matt.

"It is her first shift. Stay with her, help her if she needs it and be respectful." The 'do exactly what I tell you' tone was there. Amelia saw Matt move his head as if he was rolling his eyes, but she could hear his voice in her head.

Don't worry. We will have fun. Won't we, pup? He said using her new nickname. It was not meant to offend her, as she learned. It was just a way to call new wolves. Amelia secretly liked it, but would never admit.

We can talk to more than one person like this? She asked Matt while they entered the border of the first trees.

Yes. You can talk to how many wolves you want like this. But the alpha is the only one who can talk like this in human form. You know, to place the order and boring alpha stuff. She heard him chuckling.

You are going to learn a lot of things about this part of being a werewolf today, pup. But don't worry. I was serious back there, it is going to be fun. You are just hesitant and it is expected, but there is nothing to be concerned about. It was the first time Amelia heard him with such a serious yet gentle tone.

In all those days with the pack, she had developed a soft spot on the boy. He was like a little brother and she wanted to be there for him. So to hear him caring about her was something that made her happy.

Can you hear this? Matt asked after a few minutes of walking. Amelia paid attention to the sounds around them. Animals, wind, the top of trees swaying. The usual sounds of a forest.

Nothing new. What should I be listening to?

The brown wolf nodded his head waving forward. There is a river some miles ahead.

Amelia focused on every sound coming in the direction he pointed, and after filtering the sounds that weren't useful, like Ethan taught, she finally heard the sound of running water. It should be thee or four miles ahead, and Amelia was surprised at how much her senses improved in this form. She wanted to see what more was different.

I bet I arrive at the river first. She knew Matthew would never back off a challenge. The youngest of the wolves was the most displayed between them. It was a common acknowledgment that if you wanted Matt to do anything, you needed to tell him he wasn't capable of it. He would do whatever it was in record time.

Oh, you will regret it. Whoever loses will have to cook brownies to the winner. Amelia shouldn't be surprised. Since she told them about the brownies she learned to cook, he couldn't stop begging her to make some for him.

Matt started counting down, but Amelia had other plans. I hope your brownies are as good as mine. She screamed for him and started running. Matt, too shocked that the oh so shy omega was cheating on the game, reacted too slow. He started running after her between yells of "this doesn't count" and "it's cheating", hearing Amelia's laugh in his head.

She felt free. Running in the forest in that form. She really felt like it was a part of her. For the first time, she believed that she was an omega.