7a.

After what felt like a lifetime, Amelia stopped crying. Ethan held her all the time, soothing her, whispering that he understands her, that this was not her fault, that they all would help her and go through this together, she didn't speak, and she wouldn't be able even if she wanted. Her sobs were loud, crying the tears she had to hold her entire life.

She cried for all the times she couldn't do it in front of her mother, or when she needed to be strong for her siblings. She cried for the discovery that her life was now in danger, even if she wasn't sure why. She cried because she didn't know what else to do, and cry seemed like the obvious choice.

At some moment, Ethan guided her to the couch, where they were now sitting. She took deep breaths and wiped the tears the best she could, but her red face was washed in them. After calming down, she noticed that her head was throbbing really hard. Her throat was dry and hurting from the sobs. And even if Ethan was cautious in his embrace, her ribs were aching.

Noticing the grimace in Amelia's face, Ethan went to the bathroom to pick up some painkiller for her. Taylor sat beside her on the gray couch, looking attentively at her face. "We aren't going to judge you. You can talk to us, you know? We are family here." Amelia glanced at the woman before her, giving her a small smile but still frowning. For the pain or for the shame of trying to run away she wasn't sure. "I can't say I understand how it is for you. But I can promise you that we will try. Please, I know you are scared but let's talk."

Amelia nodded her head softly to not cause more pain and Ethan entered the room again. She took the pills and sat more comfortably on the sofa with Taylor still by her left side and Ethan sat on the gray recamier in front of them. Matthew appeared in the front door, with his clothes back in his human form. Amelia shivered lightly remembering what she saw earlier. "I just want to see how it will go." Matthew murmured. No one replied.

"Ask us anything you want to know," Taylor told her with an inviting smile on her lips. "We are open books for you." She chuckled at her own joke. Amelia gave it a minute to think. There were so many confusing things, she didn't know where to start.

"All of you were born..." She hesitated. "Werewolves?" The word left a strange taste in her lips. Taylor opened her mouth, eager to answer but Ethan was faster.

"Yes. This is the house where our pack lives. All of our parents are werewolves too, some of us are half-breed, where only one of the parents is a wolf while the other is human." He said simply. The atmosphere in the room was getting lighter, Amelia was feeling more at ease with them. She didn't even want to think about the rollercoaster of emotion she was having that day. She could deal with it later.

"How many people live here?" She was curious. How many wolves there is in the village and no one knows? was the real question.

"We are a pack of six wolves for the time being. One Alpha, four betas and one omega." This time Taylor jumped into the opportunity to answer as if it was a game. Amelia frowned.

"What do those means? Alpha, beta and omega?" She never heard it in this context before.

"It's our position in the pack." Ethan started. "I am the Alpha, the leader." Amelia wasn't surprised to hear it. "Taylor and Matt are Betas. Besides them, we have George and Henry that are also Betas. Vanessa is our only Omega. It's something that is born with us. We don't choose what we want to be, it's heritage. Usually, it's the same as your father but it's not unusual to be different from your parents." He explained.

"Yes, and we discover it through our lives. It shows in our behavior and how we interact with other wolves." Taylor added. Amelia nodded slowly still trying to put all this information together.