Chapter 9: What's The Mating Process

Sam

"Oh. Umm well. He's just a guy. So I'm going to go to sleep now," I rushed out and turned around in the bed.

He growled and turned me back around. Come on! Can I ever catch a break?

"Who. Is. Brett," he growled.

"No one okay?"

"Sam."

"Listen. Can we please talk about this another time? I don't really want to talk about him," I replied, looking down at my hands.

He sighed and finally nodded.

"Fine. But you are telling me about him tomorrow," Xavier mumbled.

"Okay," I groaned in defeat and closed my eyes. I want to sleep now.

I blinked my eyes open a couple of times and the chill hit me. I shivered and wrapped the blankets around me tighter and moved closer to where Xavier was laying.

When I felt nothing I reopened my eyes and saw he wasn't there.

I got out of bed moments later and went to the bathroom to get ready. After my shower and brushing my teeth and hair, I walked downstairs to get breakfast.

"Hey Hunter, hey Tim," I said grabbing a bowl.

"Hey Luna," they replied.

"Oh gosh no. Please call me Sam. I'm still not used to this whole Luna, alpha shit." I laughed.

They chuckled and nodded.

"Hey, guys. Luna," Ryan said walking into the kitchen.

"Please call me Sam," I begged.

"All right Sam." He smiled.

I nodded and grabbed frosted flakes. Yum!

"So. Where's Kyrn?" I asked.

"I don't really know. Sleeping maybe?" Tim said shrugging.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be guarding us?" I questioned with a smirk.

Tim groaned and walked up the steps to go wake her up.

"Wait for it," I said smiling.

"Waiting for wh-?" Hunter started but was cut off by screaming.

"What the hell is your problem? It's eight in the fucking morning on a Sunday! I want to sleep!" The yelling stopped and was followed by a loud thud and a yelp.

I smiled when I heard heavy footsteps running down the steps.

"Word of advice. Don't wake Kyrn up in the mornings," Tim said holding his cheek.

I busted out laughing and fell on the floor holding stomach.

"Sam? Are you okay?" I heard a deep voice yell.

I looked up through the tears and saw Xavier leaning over me. I nodded and got up.

"Tim woke Kyrn up," I said calming down.

"Is that bad?" he asked me confused.

I nodded and took Tim's face in between my hands and looked at his cheek.

There was a red handprint.

"Is it noticeable?" Tim asked me.

"Yeah," they all said.

"What happened?" Jay asked.

"Tim woke Kyrn up. And she doesn't like being woken up early. Believe me. I would know," I said rubbing my face.