Chapter 27: Grandpa Came Early

Sam

"Mom!" I yelled from my room.

When I got home, my mom bombarded me with questions. My dad kind of just stood in the corner scowling when I told him I have a date tonight. He didn't really like it. Big shocker there.

"I'm coming!" my mom yelled, laughing.

"Well hurry up!" I laughed as I was going through my closet.

"Okay. Now, what is the problem now?" She asked teasing.

"I don't know what to wear, my hair looks like a caveman weaved it, my face just looks hideous, and everything I wear makes me look like an awkward whale!"

My mom stood there, opened mouth and everything. Then she did the worst thing ever. She busted out laughing.

"Oh, Sam. Dear. You look fine," she said between laughs.

"Mom!" I groaned and fell on my bed. "It's not funny! I need to look good tonight because he's coming to pick me up at six!"

She stopped laughing and went into serious date planning mode. "It's already five!"

"You think I don't know that?"

"Oh shit!"

"Mother! Language!" I laughed.

"No time for laughing. We need to find you clothes ASAP," she said as she ran over to my closet.

"Hey girls," my dad smiled as he walked into my room. "How are you ladies tod-"

"No time! Out!" My mom and I screamed at the same time.

He put his hands up in surrender. "Okay. Sorry. See you girls downstairs," he said as he ran out not wanting to deal with us.

"Okay. So I have a nice black strapless dress and it goes mid-thigh and it's also flowy at the bottom. Plus a nice white leather jacket and black small heels," she said holding it up.

The good thing about the jacket, it covered Xavier's mark.

I gave her a warm smile. "It's perfect."

"Perfect." She clapped. "Now let me do your hair. I can put it in a side fishtail braid."

I sighed but nodded. "You and braids."

After she was done, she helped me with my makeup and gave me a perfect smoky eye look.

We walked downstairs just in time to hear a knock.

"I got it," my dad said sternly.

"Oh dad," I muttered.

"I know," my mom winked.

"Hello Xavier," my dad's deep voice rang there the house.

"Hello sir," I heard Xavier's deep and sexy voice.

Xavier and my dad walked over to us.

"Hey, Sam." Xavier smiled.

"Hi." I blushed.

"You look beautiful," he said taking a step closer to me. And of course, I blushed even more.

"Thanks. You look really good too."

And it's true. He had on faded dark blue jeans, with a gray V-neck, and a black leather jacket. Also his black military combat boots. And his hair, oh wow. Damn did he look fine!

"Don't you look hot Xavier?" My mom laughed as Xavier's face turned red with embarrassment.

"Mom!" I screamed.