Chapter 11: Run-Ins

Sam

Kyrn, Chloe, Hunter, Tim, and I arrived at Subway quickly because of some people, Hunter and Tim, were complaining about being hungry.

They showed me and Kyrn around town.

There was a movie theater, a mall, restaurants like Olive Garden, Steak 'n Shake, and many, many others.

So here we were sitting in Subway eating our sandwiches.

Mine included Italian bread, cold cut, bacon, lettuce, mayo, cheese, and pickles.

I loved bacon. It was my weakness. That and Oreos!

The bell dinged and I heard a voice all too familiar. "I'm so in the mood for some Subway."

Kyrn looked up and stiffened along with me.

"Oh no," I said out loud.

"It's both of them," she said in disbelief.

I turned around and there they were. Brett and Trey.

"Shit," I mumbled.

Since Hunter was sitting next to me and he was on the outside, I ducked down and used his body as a shield.

Kyrn saw what I did and did the same motion and hid behind Tim.

They looked confused.

"Are you guys okay?" Chloe asked us.

"Yeah we are fine," Kyrn said quietly.

"Then why are you girls hiding?" Tim asked.

"Just stay right here please," I said uneasily.

"Luna. What's wrong?" Hunter asked in full protective mode.

I groaned as he called me Luna. Oh well, better get used to him calling me that when he needs to.

I sighed and decided to tell them.

"Mine and Kyrn's old boyfriends are right there. I caught mine having sex with another girl in his room on our two-year anniversary. Kyrn's was a complete ass and was abusive. He would yell at her and sometimes hit her for stupid reasons. He also punched me when I confronted him about hitting her. His name is Trey." I pointed to him and they looked. "My ex is Brett." And I pointed to him. "Brett didn't hit me but he got extremely jealous and would get in my face and yell at me. But some of the time he got really close to hitting me but he never did." I looked down and bit my lip while Kyrn was playing with her hands.

Hunter, Tim, and Chloe all looked at us in shock, disbelief anger, and sorrow and growled lowly.

Tim growled, grabbing his drink. "I'll throw everything away then we can get out of here."

We nodded and Hunter scooted closer to me and put his arm in front of my waist under the table for protection.

I smiled a thank you and he gave me a smile back.

"Ready?" Chloe asked.

I nodded frantically.

Hunter slowly got up so I still could be hidden behind him.

"Sam?" I heard Brett's voice.

"Crap," I muttered.

"Is that you?" I heard footsteps and someone put their hand on my arm and turned me around. "Hey." Brett said smiling.

"Kyrn," I heard Trey's voice.

Anger bubbled up inside of me when I saw him touching her shoulder.