Chapter 39: Escaping Or Maybe Not

Sam

"Okay, so here's the plan. All of us are going to sneak out. And if we get caught, we tell them we are going for a walk. Got it guys?" I asked Kyrn, Bruce, Isaac, and Max.

"Roger that captain." Max saluted.

Bruce slapped him upside the head. "Idiot."

"At least he gets us to laugh," Kyrn commented.

I nodded. "This is true. Without him being as he is, I don't think I could have lasted in this prison."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Ready guys?" Bruce said, grabbing a book bag stuffed with guns and other weapons.

"Ready," we said standing up.

"Let's roll," Max said.

We quickly snuck out the back door and managed to get past the wolves and a couple of hunters.

"How long have we been walking?" Max complained for the one-hundredth time.

I looked down at my watch. "Ten minutes," I said.

"That's too long," Max dragged on.

"Are you sure you weren't dropped on your head when you were younger?" Kyrn asked, laughing.

"There might have been a possibility," Max said as he stopped walking to think.

"Might? I'm pretty sure you were," Isaac laughed.

I cracked up a little but tried to cover it up with a cough.

"Ha ha. Aren't you hilarious?" Max playfully sneered.

Isaac smirked and held his hands up in surrender.

"You guys are such children. How I did get stuck with you?" Bruce asked, noticing we all stopped.

"Well if you want to go back and work for Brett and Trey, be my guest," I said folding my arms over my chest.

Bruce quickly shook his head. "No, no. I'm fine."

I smiled in victory. "That's what I thought."

"That's what I thought," he mimicked in a high pitched voice.

"One, girls don't sound like that, and two, you are being immature."

"Immature is a word that boring people use to describe fun people," Max said.

"I am not boring!" I shouted, laughing at him.

"Well," Max trailed off looking everywhere but me.

I kicked him in the shin.

"I am a very fun person. Now shut up." I laughed.

He hugged his shin. "Violent women."

"You have no idea." Kyrn laughed as we started walking again.

We had been walking for over an hour and Max wouldn't stop complaining. He either said that his feet hurt, he was hungry, he was too tired, or he was bored. But every time he talked, he came up with a new excuse. It was funny at first, but it was getting annoying.

"Then have Bruce or Isaac carry you!" Kyrn yelled.

"Hell no!" Bruce and Isaac yelled at the same time.

"Then have Sam-"

"Don't even finish that sentence Kyrn. You know I can't lift him. He is like ninety-nine percent fat. He's too heavy," I said while Bruce and Isaac laughed.