Chapter 28: Possible Hunter Meets Werewolf

Sam

"Grandpa?" I asked speechlessly.

"Aw. I missed you so much Sam," my grandpa said as he took me into his arms.

Could this get any worse?

"So who's this?" my grandpa asked letting go of me.

Of course, it can. Why did I even ask?

"Uh. Grandpa, meet Xavier. Xavier, meet my grandpa," I said introducing them.

"Nice to meet you son," my grandpa said putting his hand out.

"You too sir," Xavier said shaking his hand.

My grandpa studies Xavier for a moment and I became very nervous.

What if he can tell right away? Well, I wouldn't really know because I've never met a hunter before. But still. What if something happens?

"You have a very strong grip there," my grandpa said straight-faced.

Oh shit. We are screwed. He found out.

"I go to the gym a lot," Xavier said matching my grandpa's facial expression.

"Well it was really nice meeting you Xavier," my grandpa smiled.

Phew. We were safe.

I mentally slapped myself on the forehead. I am so stupid for worrying about this.

"How was your date?" My mom asked.

"Good." I smiled and blushed a little thinking about the kiss.

"What date?" My grandpa asked.

"Xavier and Sam have the hots for each other," my mom said smirking.

I gasped at her.

"But you're too young to date," my grandpa said in disbelief.

I groaned as my mom laughed. "I'm nineteen."

"Yes. But you're too pretty and young to date," my grandpa said smiling.

I laughed and gave him a hug.

"I missed you," he said as he hugged me back.

"I miss you too. It's been a while," I admitted sadly.

"Yes, it has."

"Well, it was nice meeting you, sir. My dad texted me and I have to get going," Xavier said.

"You too Xavier. Just," he paused and looked at me before looking back at Xavier, "promise me you will take care of my granddaughter. I see the way you look at her."

Xavier gave him a warm and reassuring smile. "I promise. I really care for her."

"Thank you. That's all I ask for."

"I'll walk you outside," I said and grabbed Xavier's hand.

"I like him," Xavier said as we got outside. "Even if he might be a hunter and might try to kill me if he finds out."

I laughed. "He won't kill you because he has to go through me first. And I've gotten better with the bow n' arrow."

"Oh, that's right. You have to continue training when you come back."

I groaned. "Me and my big mouth."

"So how long will this take?" Xavier asked looking at me with those stormy gray eyes.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

I wrapped my arms around my stomach. It hurt being away from Xavier for so long. I missed waking up and seeing his sleepy face, I miss being in his arms, I miss his cocky attitude, I miss him kissing me goodnight every night, I miss his good morning kisses every morning, I just miss him.