Chapter 25: Talking To Her Dad

Xavier

"This is killing me," I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Oh calm down lover boy," Zander teased. "You have twenty warrior wolves guarding Sam's house twenty-four seven. She is going to be okay. And also, whenever they leave, half of them go and follow."

"I know but still. She's not by my side. It's like I'm having withdrawals or something," I laughed. "I'm so used to having her cute, small little body next to mine. And now she's isn't next to me. I feel like I'm dying!"

Zander scoffed at me. "You're so dramatic."

"I'm losing my mind," I said.

"That you are," I looked up to see Chloe walking down the stairs. "I thought I heard you playing Sam's favorite One Direction song this morning," she smirked.

I froze and I felt my face turn red. I can't believe she heard it.

This morning when I woke up, I looked up She's Not Afraid by One Direction on YouTube and played it repeat.

But hey, can you blame me? I was missing my mate so much and her scent was still on my bed.

"You did what now?" Zander asked trying to hold his laughter back.

"I-I didn't do that," I stuttered trying to sound believable.

But by the looks on their faces, I knew it wasn't.

"Okay fine! I played her favorite One Direction song okay?" I huffed.

"Oh my gosh! That's priceless!" Zander said laughing.

"Yeah. He put it on repeat for about an hour. I have it stuck in my head." Chloe smirked.

"I miss her okay? So shut up," I whined.

This caused Zander to fall on the floor holding his stomach from laughing too hard.

"So where are Hunter and Ryan?" Chloe asked sitting where Zander was sitting.

He noticed this and stuck his tongue out.

"They both are on their shift for watching over Sam."

"Oh," she said. I saw her get up and grab her keys heading toward the front door.

"Where are you going?" Zander asked.

"Going over to see Sam," she said.

"We can't remember," I told her. "We have to stay clear."

She laughed. "Xavier. She told her dad that she met us at the library, so he knows we are friends with her. And besides, don't you have a boat date with her tonight?"

"Chloe you're a genius!" I shouted and pulled her in for a hug.

I let go and she smiled.

"I know I am," she said and walked out the door with Zander and me right behind her.

We arrived at Sam's house and parked the car.

"How's everything going?" I asked Hunter.

"Good alpha. She and her family seem to be doing just fine," he replied.

"Good. Anything else?"

He nodded. "Her parents received a call from her grandpa. He is coming over in a week."

I nodded. "Okay. Thank you."

He bowed and walked back to his post.

"You dorks coming? I want to see Sam already," Chloe called from the front door.