Chapter 44: The Most Important Question

Sam

"What am I supposed to wear?" I asked my mom, Kyrn, Joy, and Chloe.

"Maybe clothes," my mom said.

I looked down and realized I was still in my towel from my shower earlier.

"Pft. I knew that." I said letting out a nervous laugh.

Chloe and Kyrn gave me the you-are-so-stupid look.

"Oh dear," Joy laughed as she walked over to my dresser and pulled out matching bra and underwear. "Well, first you'll need these."

"Not necessarily." My mom shrugged.

"Mom!" I screamed laughing.

She held her hands up. "I was kidding. I don't want to be a grandmother yet."

"Good. Because I don't want to be a mother yet," I laughed.

"And we aren't ready to be aunts yet," Kyrn and Chloe laughed.

I stuck my tongue out at them and that caused them to laugh even harder.

"Let's find your clothes," my mom said while Joy nodded in agreement.

With about an hour of searching, we found a nice looking one-shoulder dress that is black. And we also found a pair of cute silver flats.

While Joy and my mother were doing my hair, Chloe and Kyrn decided they wanted to do my makeup.

I was a little worried they would turn me into a clown or something. But they didn't. Which I was glad.

My mom and Joy gave me a fishtail braid to the left side. And Kyrn and Chloe gave me a smoky eye finish and put some mascara on my eyelashes. I stared in the mirror and smiled at my reflection.

"Is she happy?" Kyrn asked confused.

"Does she like it?" Chloe asked.

"I love it," I said, breathless. "I look so pretty."

"Oh honey," my mom said, coming over to me and giving me a giant hug. "You always look pretty."

"Thanks, mom." I smiled.

"Come on," Joy spoke up. "It's almost seven."

We nodded and all of us walked down the stairs to see Kyrn's dad, my dad, and my grandpa.

My mom cleared her throat and everyone turned around.

"The new Samantha," Chloe and Kyrn announced.

"You look beautiful." My dad smiled pulling me in a hug.

He gave me a kiss on the top of my head and that resulted in him getting a smack on the back of the head by my mom.

"Don't mess up her hair. It looks perfect," my mom said sternly.

My dad looked at her and made a cat hissing noise.

I had to stop myself from laughing.

Ever since I was little, my dad and I would always make hissing noises every time my mom went on a perfection rampage. She always had to have everything perfect or else she would get upset.

"I heard that," my mom said, looking at us.

"Dad did it," I shouted pointing at him.

"What happened to father and daughter together forever?" My dad asked while playfully glaring at me and crossing his arms over his chest.

"I want to live. So you're on your own," I said smiling sweetly at him.

He stuck his tongue out at me. "Loser."