Chapter 37: The Plan

Sam

I groaned as I pushed my head against the wall.

"We need to think of a plan," Bruce said running his hands down his face with Max and Isaac agreed.

"Thank you captain obvious." Chloe sneered getting annoyed.

We have been sitting here for about an hour and have come up with nothing.

Bruce growled which caused Chloe to growl back. Bruce was about to open his mouth, but before he could, the door opened.

Brett smiled but scowled once he saw the guys in the room with us.

Brett's scowl darkened and he crossed his arms. "Cheating on me already?"

My eyes opened wide. Was he freaking serious? But I had to go along with it if I want to get out of here.

I shot up from my seat and rushed him to give him a hug.

"Of course not. I was asking where the bathroom was. Bruce, Max, and Isaac were guarding our door like you ordered them too and when I called Bruce in, all three of them walked in."

Brett smiled, but it fell the second it came up.

"You already know where the bathroom is."

Shit. Think, think, think!

Idea!

"That one was already taken and I didn't know where the other one was," I said lying smoothly.

He studied me for a moment before he nodded smiling. "Oh okay."

Ha ha. Idiot.

He and Trey walked out of the room and I turned back to Kyrn and everyone else.

"Follow my lead. I have a plan," I whispered before motioning them to follow me.

"The bathroom is right down this hall," Brett said pointing to the door on the right at the very end of the hallway.

"Thanks Brett." I smiled giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"No problem." He smirked.

Asshole.

I turned around making it look like I forgot to ask him something.

"Hey Brett?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes?" he asked cautiously.

"I was wondering if Kyrn and I could train with everyone."

"Why?" He accused crossing his arms.

I pretended to look sad. "Because I already got slapped by a wolf. And I want to be stronger so I can protect myself if another one of your wolves turn on me."

Brett looked thoughtful for a moment. "You have me to protect you."

I wanted to slap him across the face. Yeah, you are totally protecting me.

"Please, Brett. And I think it would be fun. Kyrn and I are caught up already because they had us train at our old pack."

Brett's eyes darkened and he grabbed me by my upper arms.

"That isn't your pack anymore. You belong here with me. Got it?" he yelled, squeezing my arms.

I nodded quickly not wanting to upset him. "Got it."

"Good." He sneered and pushed me into the wall. "I will allow you and Kyrn to train. But only if Bruce teaches you. I trust him the most with my prized possession and he knows what will happen if he disobeys me," he smirked as he turned to look at Bruce before turning back to me. "We will start at nine tomorrow morning right after we let Chloe go. I promised that I would let her go and I will keep that promise to make you happy."

Aw, how sweet. Not.

"Thank you," I said, my voice was small. I would be lying if I didn't say I was scared.

"Whatever," he said before he stormed off with a smirking Trey.

Kyrn and Chloe waited for a moment as Brett and Trey disappeared before helping me up.

"You okay hun?" Kyrn asked me worried, looking me over.

I nodded but looked at my upper arms. I sighed once I saw his handprint marks. "Just like old times huh?" I asked with tears slipping out.

Kyrn frowned and pulled me into a hug.

Chloe sooner joined and they just stood there letting me cry on them.

"I'm going to teach you guys powerful moves to help you get away from these assholes," Bruce spoke up looking directly at the door where Brett and Trey left through.

"Thanks," I said giving them a small smile.

"I can't believe you girls dated them," Max said shocked.

"To be honest," Kyrn started. "They were perfect gentlemen when we first started dating them."

"You sure?" Isaac asked in disbelief.

I nodded. "She's right. They were actually really nice."

"What happened?" Bruce asked.

Kyrn and I both shrugged. "We don't know. Trey got more violent and Brett's anger issues got worse. We never knew what happened."

"Why don't all the werewolves just team up against them?" Chloe asked.

Bruce gave her a sad look. "They have more hunters than rogues. We are easily outnumbered. And all the rogues are following them because Brett and Trey threatened us that if we went against them, that they would have the hunters give a slow painful death. And of course, no one wants that. So even if we did try and talk all the rogues into going against them, it just wouldn't work. The ratio is about five hunters to one rogue."

"Welp, there goes all of my hope," I mumbled.

"But." Bruce started smirking. "With the moves that I can teach you girls, you guys will be able to kick ass and you'll have me, Max, and Isaac backing you up."

"This can't get any better," Kyrn squealed.

"Actually, it can," Max spoke up smiling.

"How?" Chloe asked.

"When they release Chloe tomorrow morning, we can use that against them. She needs to take in as much information as she can. Like how long the car ride is, what the scenery looks like, is the trail bumpy or not. Stuff like that."

"That's a great idea," I said smiling.

"Thank you, kind lady." Max bowed politely.

I laughed at him.

We started to talk more about this plan and make more ideas that hopefully will work.

Don't worry Xavier. We willget out of here no matter what.