Chapter 16: Beaten By A Human

Sam

It'd been a month since my broken jaw and I didn't have to wear that stupid, repulsive, ugly mask anymore. As you can tell how much I hated that piece of plastic. And I can talk normally.

But the doctor still said I shouldn't do any hardcore physical activity for a couple of weeks, and that means I'm out of training!

Ha ha, suck on that Kyrn!

She still has to do it, and Xavier was making me go to all of her training sessions so I will have an idea of what I'd do when I was fully healed.

And since Jay is the beta, he is the training instructor for the whole pack.

Zander is the assistant, so whenever Jay isn't there, Zander takes over. Hunter and Tim help out with training as well since they are the top warrior wolves. Or guard wolves, or whatever they were called. All I knew was that they were really powerful and strong.

So here I was, sitting in a chair talking to Hunter and Tim while Zander is teaching Kyrn some moves.

Xavier and Jay had to go to a meeting of some sort and since it's five in the morning, Chloe is still sleeping. Lucky little brat.

I stopped thinking and my eyes started to become heavy.

"Sam?" I heard a voice next to me. I groaned and tried to hit his face. "Sam. Stop hitting me." The voice laughed.

"Go away. I'm too tired," I mumbled.

"No. Alpha Xavier said you have to watch Kyrn and Zander train so you know what you are going to have to do," he spoke softly.

I slowly opened my eyes, but not all the way, and looked to see Hunter with a small smile on his face.

"No," I mumbled and turned my head.

"Yes Sam. Sorry, but alpha Xavier sai-" I interrupted him by poking his nose, then his cheek, and then his forehead. "What are you doing?" he asked, laughing.

"Trying to find the off button," I said poking around his face some more.

He laughed and grabbed my hand. "Watch."

I stuck out my tongue at him and turned in my seat to see Zander pinning Kyrn down on the ground.

"Always pay attention to your opponent. And always expect the unexpected," I heard Zander say to a very annoyed Kyrn.

He jumped up and turned around to dust off his clothes.

Kyrn grabbed a rock and started twirling it around in her hands as she stood up.

"Now. Remember Kyrn, you always have to-ow!" Zander screamed rubbing his forehead.

Yea that rock that Kyrn had, well she kind of threw it at Zander's head.

"Ugh. This is completely pointless!" she screamed at him.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Kyrn. Calm down-"

"Easy for you to say! You're a freaking wolf. You have super strength. I'm taking a break," she said breathing in deeply.

"Kyrn. You know we can't do that."

"Watch me," she scowled and stormed toward the house.

When she got there, she opened the door and slammed it back shut.

I dragged a hand down my face. "I'll go talk to her."

I got up and followed her path to the house.

When I walked in, the living room and the kitchen were empty.

"Kyrn?" I called out.

"Upstairs," she called back.