Chapter 32: Grandpa's Story

Sam

We all got ready and watched my Grandpa. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Okay. Well Roy, or as Sam calls him Tigger, and I were out hunting. We were up in the deer blind and we heard something. We saw a deer and I took the shot. When we went down to go get it, a wolf jumped out," he stopped and took a deep breath.

"But you said it was a bear," my dad said.

My grandpa looked up and shook his head. "It wasn't a bear. It was a werewolf. A rogue to be precise."

A lot of gasps were heard around the room.

"A rogue?" Chris asked. "How did you know?"

My grandpa nodded. "Roy was a werewolf. He had a wife and kids and we were best friends since diapers. He told me his secret a week after he shifted. I promised to never tell anyone and I became great friends with his pack members too."

"Uncle Tigger was a werewolf?" I asked in disbelief.

"He was. We were so outnumbered. About fifteen to two. We couldn't do anything. We tried our best. But." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "But they killed him right in front of me. I was too scared to move. I watched as they slaughtered him. He told me to run but I couldn't leave him. I left with only a couple of scratches and a couple of broken bones. But he never left."

By now the tears were falling and my Grandpa did nothing to stop them.

I shot from my seat and ran over to him. I pulled him into a huge hug and he hugged me back like his life depended on it.

"It's okay," I cooed. "Uncle Tigger is happy you are alive."

I felt him shake his head. "I'd rather have him make it out alive. I want him back here with his mate and kids. I had to tell them what happened. It was so hard. I could barely even look her in the eye. It's all my fault." He cried harder and held on tightly.

We all just sat there and let the information sink in.

After a while of silence and the tears stopped streaming, Chris broke the silence. "So why did you make the silver bullets?"

My grandpa looked over at him. "It's for protection. I asked the alpha if he could tell me everything about werewolves and he told me about silver. I thought it would be a good idea to learn how to make the silver bullets because my family loves hunting. They would never know about the silver bullets, only realize that the gun is heavier because of the weight of the bullets."

"And also because of rogues that might be lingering around in the forest?" Jimmy asked.

"Exactly," my grandpa nodded. "If the rogues found Roy and myself in the forest while we were hunting, I wanted my family to have protection, hence the silver bullets. It will be a lot more effective to cause pain than regular bullets."

"So you're not a hunter?" Xavier asked carefully.

My grandpa laughed and shook his head. "No."

Xavier let out a sigh of relief. "Good."

"Why were you so worried?" I asked walking over to him.

"Can you blame me? I'm mated to his granddaughter. And he's a guy. He's going to be protective." He laughed hugging me from behind.

"I can see that."

"Well you guys aren't officially mated," Tammy said, laughing.

"What do you mean?" My dad asked.

"They didn't mate yet."

"What do you mean mate?" my dad asked crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.