Chapter 29: Hunting Trip

Sam

I felt the sun on my eyes and I groaned trying to roll over. But something was stopping me. I opened one eye and saw a strong tan arm holding me in place. I was about to scream but I felt soft sparks flowing through my arm. I looked up to see Xavier sleeping peacefully. I giggled as he smiled and pulled me closer.

"Xavier," I whispered.

He groaned but didn't wake up.

"Xavier," I tried again a little bit louder. He shook his head and moved it so it was nuzzled in my neck.

Drastic times call for drastic measurements. I got my arm free and poked his side. His eyes shot open and he let out a yelp as his face connected with the floor.

I crawled over to the edge of the bed and started laughing as he got up.

"Was that necessary?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I nodded. "You wouldn't get up."

"Well sorry for being comfortable."

"It's okay. I forgive you." I smiled.

He rolled his eyes. "You're lucky I love you."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"So how did you get into my room?" I asked, suspicious.

"Your window was unlocked. Which by the way should have been locked. Like seriously Sam. What if someone broke into your room because your window was unlocked and-"

"Like how you broke in," I teased.

"But it's okay if I break in," he said, pointing to himself.

"How?"

"I'm your mate."

"So?"

"Sooo, since I'm your mate, it's okay if I do it. I wanted to check on you." He smiled.

"Then why did you stay the night if you just want to just "check on me"," I said putting air quotes around 'check on me'.

"I missed you. A lot," he said, looking down and playing with his hands.

I mentally awed before getting up and kissing his lips.

He smiled in the kiss and wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer.

There was a knock on the door and I jumped out of Xavier's grasp.

"Someone's at the door. You need to leave," I said scared.

Xavier growled but gave me one last peck before jumping out my window.

I ran over to my door and saw my dad.

"Hey, Dad." I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Hey, sweetie. Grandpa made bacon, sausage, and eggs. Want to come down and eat?" he asked.

I nodded enthusiastically and bolted past my dad. "Yes!" I shouted.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I heard my dad laugh, running behind me.

I ran down the stairs, almost falling on my face, and made it into the kitchen before my dad got here.

"Ha! I win." I danced around screaming as my dad walked into the kitchen breathing hard.

"Oh. I am so out of shape," my dad said, trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah. Maybe you should eat healthier. So I'll have your bacon," I said grabbing a plate.

"Ha. No, you will not. My bacon." My dad narrowed his eyes at me.

"But I beat you down here. So shouldn't I at least have one piece of your bacon?" I asked.