006

Dawna: 17
Pixie: 14

Will I recover?
That broken piece, let it go and unleash all the feelings
Did we ever see it coming?
Will we ever let it go?
Ruelle; The Other Side

'They tried to kill me, father,' Dawna's serious voice almost screamed. 'Father, can you even hear what I am trying to tell you? You can no longer control the rebels; they have gotten far too strong. You must do something right away before they kill all of us.'

However, the King did not reply to her words. His eyes had drifted off to a place far away from their realm. He was not asleep, but he certainly was not wide awake either.

'Unbelievable,' the young bride muttered underneath her breath. 'Fine then, daddy, I will make sure that no one else gets hurt by myself.'

The young woman knew that she should not do anything rational without consoling a professional first, yet she no longer cared. Someone had tried to take her life again. This could not go unnoticed.

The young Princes burst through the office doors that belonged to the investigators. For years, they had been trying to figure out where the headquarters of the rebels was. A little birdie had told the pale girl that they were almost there and had a very possible option.

'I command you to tell your future Queen where you suspect the headquarters to be,' her voice sneered, angrily and with a void in it.

The young woman was still clothed in her wedding dress. The fabric was no longer spotless white but covered with blood and mud. Her appearance made all of the men look up in shock as they noticed the way their future Queen looked.

The young bride looked like an absolute mess, but her visual appearance was the last thing that was on her mind. Someone tried to murder her again; so, someone would have to pay.

'Tell me, now,' her voice growled angrily. 'Or you will be hanged as traitors.'

'Can someone please tell me what exactly is going on in here?'

The girl with the long, white hair looked over her shoulder and found her auntie standing in the door opening. Her amber eyes looked suspiciously at her younger niece.

'What happened to your dress, my beautiful child?'

'The resistance,' was all the young Princes could scoff before she turned her attention back to the men. 'So? Which one of you is willing to hang first?'

'Hang? No one will be hung today,' Delphinium spoke with a stern voice. 'Dawna, perhaps you can better sit down for a moment.'

'I will not sit down!' the angelic looking woman sneered. The castle walls started to shake with every word that left her lips. The scared men left the room silently. They did their best not to upset the Princes even more.

The women both knew that the situation could escalade pretty quickly. Dawna had been building up the tension of her magic inside of her for far too long; now that she finally had an excuse to let go of the constant pressure, she would do it, simply because the young woman had no other choice.

'What does your father say about this?'

An angry scoff left the girls plump lips. 'My father? Do you mean my sperm donor? The man did not even respond to my words. If he is not man enough to burn their rat hole down then I will be more than happy to do it for him.'

'Sweetheart, perhaps you should cool down for a second,' her aunt tried to calm her down ever so desperately.

'Pray tell me auntie, why would I calm down after a rebel just tried to take my life; again, if I may add. We are under a constant tread and everyone but me seems to forget about it.'

The blonde woman shook her pretty head. 'You are dead wrong, darling. Look around you for a second; these men have been trying to find out where those rats are hiding themselves for months. Your father may be careless, but you are most definitely not alone.'

The young woman did not speak after hearing her aunts words, simply because she could not seem to find the right words. The fact that there were people outside these castle walls that wanted her dead more than anything filled her heart with a great pain. One day she would be Queen and they would hate her even more then.

Dawna wanted to have nothing to do with this, not if this was what it meant to be Queen of a large realm. How far would these people truly go to haunt her down?

'You do not understand it, auntie; I seem to be the only target of their attacks.'

'No, no, darling, you are not that special,' the woman with the amber eyes joked before winking towards her niece. 'They want us dead as well. We just tend to hide away in our safe castle whereas you have no choice but to go out there. The majority of the people out there still support out monarchy and we must do whatever it takes to maintain their support. If we were to lose the support of the nobility, it would be our heads on the table. Not just yours, but mine as well. Your brand-new husband would die, together with the rest of his family.'

For a minute the young woman could not speak up. Her aunt was absolutely right, yet she would never say those words out loud.

'Do you understand it now, sweetheart? You are going to be Queen and that means that you will always have to think in the bigger picture. Burning a building now will not help you stand any taller tomorrow. Sometimes you have to decide whether you want to defeat your old enemies and create new ones or whether you keep that anger inside of you for just a little longer to get rid of all the dirt.'

The pale Princes nodded before a single tear escaped her unnaturally blue eyes. At first, the young woman had only felt a strong anger and desire to burn down the entire world. Now, those feelings had stepped aside for the sad and hurt ones that always followed.

'They tried to kill me on my wedding day, auntie,' the pale girl whispered. 'This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, was it not? First I have to marry a man I do not even love and then someone tries to kill me?'

The older woman opened her arms for her niece. 'Come here, darling. You look like you need a hug.'

A hug would most definitely not heal the wounds that life itself had created in the young Prince's soul. It was merely a badly functioning glue that could only do so little.

Dawna allowed her aunt to hold her tightly in her warm and safe arms.

'They tried to bloody murder me, auntie. How am I supposed to do this?' the young bride whispered as tears started to escape the cage her light eyelashes had created. 'How am I supposed survive this?'

'You are the strongest girl I know,' Delphi whispered against her ears. 'You will find a way; I know you will.'

'What if I do not?'

'Then I will be right here to personally make sure that no one, and then I mean absolutely no one, can get through these walls.'