Chapter 3 - Jax

Well fuck me this is going to be a long flight.

The breathy goddess next to me has uttered 5 words and I'm as stiff as a board.

I try to subtlety shift a little in my seat to get more comfortable and resist the urge to grab her arm, drag her to the back of the plane and see what else she can do with her mouth. Trying to keep my breathing normal and pretend I'm listening to whatever it was that I pushed play on, even though the things on mute. My gaze slides slowly to the women next to me, and find she's completely absorbed in her book, eyes glued to the page. One hand is brought up to her mouth, as a finger runs along her lip as she reads the words.

I am in so much trouble.

She's utterly gorgeous. Long blonde hair spills down her shoulders in soft waves, framing her face. Her brown eyes shine with flecks of what I swear are gold in them. She's wearing this oversized jumper thing that on anyone else would look ridiculous but on her it looks almost scandalous, falling in just the right way that it just hints at the body that lies underneath. Her jeans are like a second skin that I want to peel off slowly, but it's her shoes that strike me and instantly become my favourite thing. She's wearing this old battered pair of converse that have been very well loved. It's clear that they're her favourite and feels like a slight glimpse of the personality beneath the gorgeous women.

Her lips turn in a quick smile that lights up her face completely, and before I know it my face lights up to. I try to resist the urge to ask her what happened in her book that made her face shine like that, not wanting to break her trace on her book.

Oh fuck me I am in trouble.

The flight wasn't suppose to go like this. I wasn't lying when I said I wanted to save the damsel in distress. The way that guy was staring at her made me want to just punch him in the face, not to mention my skin crawl. Something possessive just came over me, fuck if I know where that came from tho. Yet I can't seem to stop stealing glances at her.
Fuck Jax focus.

I push my arms out in front for nothing more than just to make myself tear my eyes away from her before I come off as stalkerish. Before I do though, I catch her eyes shift quickly from her book to my arms stretched out in front. It's a slight shift before she's back to her book but I swear her eyes grew a little wider and that thick slow swallow of her throat afterwards tells me it's not just me being affected. Shit she's going to be the end of me.

I close my eyes for a moment and force myself to mentally go through what I need to do after I get off the plane. Stretching I cast a glance behind me to make sure the Air Marshall isn't looking to close at me anymore. He seems to have moved on and is studying a man one row back from him, altho for my luck he is still looking for someone travelling alone. I let out a breath of air I didn't realise I'd been holding, turn up the volume on my phone and relax into the seat. For the first time since I hit play on my phone I realize what I've actually been listening to.

Thank god Dani didn't see, for last few minutes I've been listening to the great works of Peppa Pig. I am going to kill my niece.