Chapter 7 - Griffin

She's out of the car before I can be a proper gentlemen and hold her door for her, before we make our way inside the station, taking the elevator up to our floor. Dani's on the quiet side, as she takes in the building, looking around at the surroundings while we make our way there. Placing my hand on the small of her back, I guide her around and past the other officers.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this gorgeous, witty women is Everett's little sister.

Shit, I am so fucking screwed. Do not think about how warm and soft she feels against your hand.

Come on man, you just got the blood back to your upstairs brain.

I swear I almost crashed the fucking car when she said she was an escort. The thought of another man's hands on her was enough to give me a small heart attack right there. I am so, so screwed. There may be a place in hell for thinking about my partner's sister in this way, but I'd go a damn happy man. Pointing, I direct her over when we reach the door to our little space and hold it open as she enters. My eyes watch her as she walks around, looking carefully at the decorated walls and desks littered with stacks of papers and coffee mugs.

Frankly the space Everett and I took strongly resembles a man cave, but to us it's homely and where we can work.

I explained in car what, exactly, Everett and I do, and the way she intently listened has me wondering what the fuck Everett has actually told her about what we do here. She had no idea us and a couple of other guys are a part of the Narcotics Vice Division's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Task Force. Or that we actually work undercover and mentor other officers in planning operations, targeting drug trafficking organizations, and preparing cases to go to trial. I found myself dying to know what was going through her mind as she sat there staring at me wide eyed, and the same now as she moves around the room taking everything in.

"Can I get you anything? Drink?"

I just need to break the silence so I know she's ok. Her eyes flick to the cups and mugs stacked on the desks. Yep complete man cave.

"Fresh cup I swear" I say holding my hand up in scouts honour. Ah, dumb ass.

That smile that floors me everytime reappears, and my breath hitches as I just stare at her.

"Sure, I'd love a real coffee."

I can't help but smile back at her.

"I'll see what I can do darlin'."

Her eyes go slightly wider at darling, and a small blush appears on her cheeks before she turns from me to look at the walls again. I chuckle as I turn and go in search of the good coffee machine, noting that she definitely likes me calling her darling.

When I return from making her coffee, she's sitting on the edge of my desk looking bloody lost. Her head turns to me and she smiles, as I walk towards her, handing the mug over. I watch as she inhales the smell, savoring it before taking a sip. Her head falls back as she lets out a groan and just like that I'm hard as a fucking rock.

It's a thousand times worse, when she closes her eyes and mutters "sooo good." The tone of her voice as the words pass her lips, and the way she looks right now.... I'm a complete goner. It takes everything in me not to grab the mug, push her back on my desk and take her right now. Instead I slowly sit down on side of desk next to her, grabbing the side so I don't do something stupid.

"Im sorry I've been a bit quiet"

She pauses and I wait patiently for her to continue on her own, not wanting to push her.