Chapter 14 - Griffin

I definitely need this coffee, and if this fucking barista would fucking hurry up that would be great. It must be her first day or something as she keeps pausing and staring at the machine like she's not sure what to do next. I didn't sleep a wink of sleep last night. Not even helping myself out when I got home, or imagining it was Dani's hand, instead of my own, did much. The feeling of Dani pressed up against me, her body so close to mine, and the taste of her still bloody fresh in my mind. Fuck she felt amazing, and I can feel myself getting hard again. God damn it, will this women hurry up. I move the bag I'm holding to my other hand as my phone goes off, and answer without even checking the caller.

"Everett I've got the bag, I'm just waiting for my fucking coffee."

I shake said bag near the phone and receive a groan from the other end.

"Your a legend. Tell her to hurry the fuck up, I need something buttery and covered in bacon. My heads killing me."

I chuckle into the phone at Everett's mention of his made-up go to hangover cure, something fatty and smothered in bacon. It works miracles and he swears by it. The women finally finishes my coffee and slides it over to me with a big smile on her face, apparently proud of her efforts.

I do nothing but just stare at her as I pick it up.

"Got my coffee, I'll be there in 10." I say to Everett and head out the door.

Everett is hunched over the kitchen island when I walk in, the guy looks miserable. His head shoots up as I plonk the bag in front of him and he dives in eagerly. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I ordered. It looks like a croissant but is filled with some kind of creamy cheese sauce, and the thing is battered and wrapped in bacon. As Everett takes a bite and lets out a groan, I can't help but laugh.

"Good man?"

"Oh..you have no idea." He mumbles around the food.

I should have stopped him drinking so much last night or shoved some more food or water into him, but after he settled down about Dani's date, it was the most relaxed I've seen him in a while. This case has really got to him. I plonk down next to him, and take a much needed long sip on my coffee just as Dani bounces into the kitchen. She's carrying a bunch of papers and a tablet that she plonks down on the island before fiddling with the coffee machine.

I both love this women's sleep attire, and it gives me a small heart attack at the same time. She's in a simple loose pink singlet and shorts, but the singlet hugs her chest then falls loosely down her to the top of the shorts, and I say shorts vaugly . These things are like a bloody second skin and so short they barely cover her ass. Her hairs shoved up today in a messy ponytail, that floats around her as she moves about making her coffee. She really is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Everett looks up from his food, catching me staring and thumps me hard on the arm. I give him the finger and drink my coffee.

"Good mornin' boys."

Dani plonks herself down across from me and takes a deep inhale of her coffee. I love how she takes the time to enjoy things like that sometimes, it's like she enjoys every part. Everett grumbles something unintelligible back, and reaches into the bag to grab another croissant thing before pushing it over to Dani. Her face lights up before she grabs the bag and looks inside. A frown comes across her face, and she squints her eyes, most likely trying to understand what she's looking at. I don't blame her.

"Just try one." Everett pipes up.

Looking at it suspiciously, Dani lifts one out, taking a tentative bite, before her eyes go a bit wider and she makes that groan I love so much, that goes straight down south. Fuck.