Chapter 15- Dani

The guys leave in a hurry and I take a few deep breaths before I sit back down, taking a long drink of my coffee. I know something's up and this case isn't going well, but I also know Everett isn't going to tell me anything about it. I try to remind myself that Griffin said not to worry and look at the small stack of papers, sitting under my tablet on the bench. Well I guess I should dive in.......... but definitely after my coffee. I lean back on the stool and think about Griffin's hand on my cheek earlier. It was exactly what I needed to calm down and the fact that he knew that to. The slight roughness to his hand makes images of how they felt running up my thigh and down my body the night before flash through my mind. My head falls back, as I let out a long sigh. I need another cold shower, damn it.

After I've showered and dried my hair I come to the realisation I've procrastinated enough and should probably get started. I rummage around and fish out my headphones from my bag then plug them into my phone, and press play. I pick up the email Levi sent me, that I printed out with what the client was looking for and read through it. They're releasing a new beachy set of fragrances and need eye catching pictures for their ad campaign. Seems like a simple enough idea. I pull my tablet over, open up the notes app and start jotting down my ideas, while I hum away to the music.

I'm just sending an email off to Levi with my final idea for the shoot when I notice my phone has a few messages. I can feel my insides warm as I notice the first two are from Griffin, asking if I'm ok and telling me that they're working late tonight so don't worry if Everett comes in late. The other is from Jax asking if I'm free for lunch. I smile and reply to Griffin first. I stare at my phone while I'm debating Jax's message and lunch, my lip pulled in and chewing on it, when my stomach sends out one heck of a rumble declaring that lunch is a good idea. I message Jax back to say I'd love to, then walk through the lounge room and spot Everett's car still in the driveway. Thanks guys. I send another text to tell Jax to meet me at a little cafe not far from here. Jax replies instantly like he's been waiting, and although I feel a little guilty, I can't help smiling as I grab my stuff and head out.

Jax is sitting at a small table outside when I pull up. I park Everett's truck, making sure my blue dress is smoothed down and walk over with a smile on my face. I absolutely love this dress, the fabric is so soft. It hangs just right that it's cute but borderlines on sexy with the sweetheart neckline and the hem finishing mid thigh. Jax is staring down at his phone and it gives me a moment to watch him. He's wearing dark blue jeans, with a white t-shirt and a black leather looking jacket, while his hair is pushed up and sticks out everywhere on top. He looks friggin amazing.

As I get closer I can see his jaw get tight, and he looks tense as he types away at the screen. He looks up briefly, his whole body relaxing and his face transforms, lighting up when he spots me. I can't help but smile even brighter at that, and the reaction I seem to have on him.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey yourself.....let me guess work drama? You loose a package?"

I nod to his phone, and Jax looks down at the screen, locking it, before putting it face down on the table. I mentally note that as weird but shrug it off.

"Oh I always know where my package is."

As he wiggles an eyebrow at me and winks, I stop walking. Oh crap, that is hot, making Jax chuckle at me.

"It's just work stuff, can definitely wait tho."

I shake my head snapping out of it, and groan.

"Yeah I know that feeling. I am in need of food and a good distraction."

Jax laughs, as he rises, and pulls out a seat, gesturing for me to sit down.