Epilogue

Few months later........

Griffin

I'm trying so hard not to laugh at her, but the expressions on her face are making it almost impossible. She's concentrating so hard, her face scrunching up a bit as she slowly works.

"Doing great darlin'. If it turns red you've gone to far and that's your finger."

I loose the battle and can't help it, letting out a laugh as she slowly, but carefully stops what she's doing, before poking her tongue out at me.

"I can grate a cucumber, thank you."

I laugh even harder at that.

Cooking is not Dani's strong suit, lord knows she tries but it seems to go horribly wrong 9/10 times. I may have learned that the hard way, when waking up to smoke starting to drift into the bedroom one morning, while some incredible swearing was coming from the kitchen the day she tried to make me pancakes for breakfast. Safe to say I fully understand Everett's paranoia and fear after that day. The women is determined though.

Everett walks into the kitchen, and taking one look at Dani stops dead, letting out a loud groan.

"Who gave her a grater. My insurance won't cover that."

Dani carefully stops grating the cucumber, setting it down before flipping him off, and I throw my head back, laughter pouring out of me again.

Everett has sort of come around to me being with Dani, although I still get the odd threat every now and then. The latest was during a remote hike on the island he took with Dimitri last weekend.

The sole message was just a picture of a patch of dirt under the shade of a tree in the middle of nowhere and a smiley face emoji.

"Meats all ready man, let's fire it up."

Everett's face breaks out in a grin, the man loves to cook, and taking one more hesitant look at Dani, heads back outside.

"Ha, finished and not a scratch."

Dani proudly holds up her hands, wiggling her fingers in my face showing me she still has all 10. Laugh, I grab her hands, turning them over slowly pretending to do a thorough inspection. She pulls one hand away, rolling her eyes and smacks me hard on the arm.

"Utter perfection like always." I grin at her, catching her hand again and tugging her into my chest.

Leaning down I push her into the kitchen bench, kissing her slowly, as she arches her back, pushing her chest into mine. Fuck, I fucking love her body, she fits perfectly against me.

"Ah come on, not in the kitchen. There's food here man."

Dani pulls back and laughs as Everett comes in, hand over his eyes, as he retrieves the meat off the bench. Reaching over I brush a piece of hair from her face and pick out a tiny piece of grated cucumber from it, holding it up to show her. Dani's face scrunches up as she sees it, before she mumbles under her breath.

"Damn it."

I let out a laugh again and touch my forehead to hers.

"I love you."

That smile that stopped me the first time I saw it, and to this day still makes me loose my breath appears.

"I love you too."