Chapter 12 - Jax

My phone jingles on the table for what seems like 1000th time today. Damn thing just keeps ringing. I glance at the time and answer.

"What?"

I half bark, and curse myself as soon as I do it.

"Sorry man, just giving you an update."

Carlos pauses briefly before he continues, waiting for me to object.

"The cops are still following Marco while he drives around. They have no idea he's doing buggar all, the shipments still on schedule, and due in next week, Friday. "

"Good, thanks man."

I hear Carlos struggling to hold in his chuckle on the other end of the line.

"Enjoy your date boss."

"Thanks, now fuck off" I laugh back at him. "And if my phone rings again for anything other than an emergency I will shoot the caller."

I hang up to Carlos laughing his ass off at me. Putting the phone in my pocket, I bring my arms up, shaking my hands out. Fuck, I'm fucking nervous.

I still can't believe she said yes. I half expected I'd have to argue or persuade her a bit. I'm about to check the time again when I look up and am left speechless as Dani walks in looking like the vision she is.

That dress is like a second skin, bending and curving along with her, fuck.

The dress is cut in a way that gives me a view of the hint of cleavage she's showing and leads me on to her blonde hair that's been pulled over one shoulder, giving me a view of the creamy skin down, along her neck. My head tilts slightly as my eyes travel down her legs to the heels she has on, before slowly raking back up her body. The wicked smile on her face let's me know she's fully aware of me slowly checking her out. I half fumble, jumping out of my seat and move around the table towards her.

"You look breathtaking."

I can't help myself and snake an arm around her waist, pulling her flush against me, making her draw in a sharp breath as she looks up into my eyes. I can't get enough of the way she looks at me, and those eyes I could stare into all day. She feels so soft in my arms, and I want to hold her against me and not let go.

"Hello to you to."

She chuckles, her chest pushing into me further, making me groan internally. I reluctantly let her go, even tho I strongly want to pull her out of the restaurant and throw her in my car, and go to pull out the seat for her. She chuckles again, and the sound is completely intoxicating.

"Always the gentleman."

Dani smiles up at me while she sits down and I catch a blush creeping across her cheeks. She lowers her eyes, catching the menu as she reaches out for it.

"They have amazing food"

She looks up at me and is about to open her mouth to say something back when Julio, the owner and head chef appears at our table.

"Ah Jaxy, How are you this evening? And who do we have.......Dani? Oh I haven't seen you in years my dear girl."

I look across at Dani who's smiling as Julio bends and gives her a big hug.

"I may have been here before."

Dani laughs lightly as Julio laughs along with her.

"I use to feed Dani, that brother of hers who liked to steal my waitresses hearts, and the vision that is her aunt. How is mio amore?"