Chapter 10 - Dani

My cheeks feel like they're on fire as Everett and Griffin leave, and I wait till I hear the front door close before I let out a long breath.

Holy cow what a morning. First I walk around half naked in front of Griffin, and then to hear him say that he liked what he saw sent a rush of heat and desire through me. The firm and solidness of his arm when I lent in and the way I swear his breathing changed when I whispered in his ear, to have that kind of effect on a man like that is incredible.

I dig in eagerly to Everett's breakfast, which looks delicious, the guy has always had a knack for food. The first bite is amazing and all thoughts leave my brain as I dive in.

After I've finished I wash up the dishes, and grab a shower before rummaging through my suitcase to find my other bikini and wetsuit surf top. At the bottom of the stairs I grab my bag, and one of Everett's boards, locking the door as I head out. It isn't until I'm outside that I not only realise I don't have a car to get to the beach, but I've also locked myself out the house.

Wow Dani, my inner me claps, well done.

Thankfully I have my phone and call a cab to pick me up, while I park myself on the curb to wait. I've just sat down when my phone starts vibrating. A grin spreads across my face as I look at the caller.

"Hey" I answer then bite my bottom lip. I'm somehow suddenly nervous even just talking to him on the phone.

"Hey beautiful, I was beginning to think you've forgotten me. How's your break going?"

Jax's smooth voice comes through the phone.

"Um it's going good"

I can hear a shuffle on the phone and someone in background being shushed. It's oddly silent for a second before I hear Jax's voice again.

"Hey what's wrong? What happened?"

I sigh, and let out a long breath. I'm an idiot, that's what happened.

"I locked myself out the house, and then remembered my brother has the only car. And now waiting for a cab on the curb" I say it all in a rush, almost tripping over myself. "Really it's fine, just feel pretty stupid right now."

"You are anything but Dani." I can hear Jax hesitate before asking "I can come and get you, Do you need a ride?"

I'm flattered by the gesture and would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see him again, but I'm starting to wonder if he is right in the middle of something with the noises in the background.

"You really love the knight in shining armour card" I say instead and can hear Jax's throaty laugh. "I'm ok, really, and like I said, a cabs on the way and hopefully be at the beach surfing away soon.....Thank you tho."

"Well if you won't let me save you this time, will you let me take you out for dinner instead?"

I can't stop the smile that spreads across my face, even if I wanted to.

"Oh I don't know.... I'm not sure I can fit you in to my busy schedule. You know sunbaking, surfing, having a beer, more surfing. "

Jax laughs and I can picture him throwing his head back again as he laughs.

"Tonight, 7 o'clock, I know an incredible Italian place. I will even meet you there if you prefer."

Now it's my turn to laugh, well more like school girl giggle, come on Dani, have a shred of dignity.

"You really think I'm that easy"

"I think anything but,.....but I do love a challenge."

I laugh again, and although I'm teasing, I think he already knew my answer.