Chapter 6 - Dani

Deep breaths Dani. I can't believe Everett. How long can one person hold a grudge? The Bolognese incident was years ago.

I can feel Griffin still staring at me, probably wondering if I'm going to explode again, or what exactly he got himself into picking up the crazy chick. I keep my head forward and slide my eyes over to him.

Seriously what the hell are they putting in the water over here now. First the guy on the plane and now this.

To call Griffin handsome, or sexy, or even just incredible would be an understatement and not truly capture how stunning this man is. The man is all muscle.

Starting at the top I work my way down his body, trying like hell to keep my breathing normal. His hairs dark brown, almost black and a bit longer, so it hangs a bit and finishes down his neck a little. The top has been pushed back off his face and sits in this way that makes you just want to run your finger through it. He's got a black long sleeve top on, pushed up at the elbows, that is firm fitting and hugs most of his body. Even from my angle I can see the firm, toned muscles that lie underneath, the ones in his arms especially, moving as he changes gears. My throat goes dry as my eyes travel down his broad chest, and the material stretched across it.

Holy crap, seriously what is in the water?

He has jeans on that are close cut and fit him perfectly. The man looks like he just walked off a freaking photoshoot. Turnung my head, I look away before I get caught drooling.

"So station it is then." I say, resigned to the fact it's not Griffins fault and not particularly fair on him.

"Sorry. If it was up to me darling I would take you home, but under strict orders from your brother."

I can't help myself, I win the fight against letting out a laugh but a smile breaks out across my face and raise an eyebrow up at him. Griffin freezes and stiffens like he has just realised how that came out. The man looks like a deer caught in headlights, and I can't contain the laughter anymore. It bursts from my mouth, and thankfully I don't snort.

Griffin looks over to me and starts laughing to. By the time we're done I have tears in my eyes.

"This really is a nice car"

I look around the car, trying to change the subject in hopes of calming myself down.

"She's my baby"

He takes one hand off the steering wheel, sliding it down to pat the door of the car.

"2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS Manual, V8, 6.2L engine, zero-60 in 4.3 seconds, drives like a dream" Griffin ends with a huge smile on his face.

I can't help smiling back, as the huge smile is kind of infectious and can tell how much this car means to him.

"I see"

"So how long are you in Hawaii?"

His voice is amazing. It's that perfect combination of husky and gravelly. I could listen to him speak all day, even if it's just reciting a shopping list, the man could make any word sound sexy.

"Ah unknown at this point." I reply shrugging my shoulders. "Taking a little break from work and wanted to come back home for a little while."

"And what would work be?"

His head turns towards me, holding my gaze for a moment before his eyes are back on the road. I can't help but notice that his eyes are brown with light gold flecks in them, and smile as they remind me of my own.

I say words confidently, and secretly enjoy Griffin's reaction a little too much.

"I'm an escort"

The car swerves a little and Griffin immediately starts choking. I burst out laughing and feel instantly bad for trying to mess with him.

"Kidding, I'm a photographer."

Griffin's breathing starts to return to normal but his knuckles are still a shade of white on the steering wheel as I continue.

"I started out doing families and weddings, but have moved into ad campaigns."

Inhaling, I turn my head to wait for the response to what I'm about the say next, just waiting for the usual reaction I get from most men when I talk about work.

"Basically agents ring me with an idea or pitch they have for a product, and what they're thinking for an ad. And I try to bring it to life. These days I get to pick which gigs I take and which Models I work with. Last year I did the Victoria Secret shoot on....."

I stop talking as Griffin starts coughing uncontrollably, and internally laugh as I wait for him to calm down. This is usual response when I breeze over fact I work with models.

"Models you say"

He chokes out when he's stopped coughing enough.

"I did say." I reply a grin on my face.

"Oh cool cool"

I try not to laugh again at the expression on his face at trying to be serious and act like he wasn't almost dying from the news a few moments ago.

The rest of the trip is light conversation, mostly about his work and what sorts of cases they handle, stories of him and my brother and my life back in LA.

It's a relaxed sort of conversation and I'm surprised by how easily it flows. Despite wanting to rip the man's clothes off and run my hands up and down the muscles on his chest, so so much, I feel really comfortable and at home with Griffin.

It's not long before we pull up in front of the station and hop out the car.