Chapter 13 - Dani (slight bit of steam)

What a day, I think to myself as I drive back home. I know they always say guys need cold showers, but holy crap I need an ice one after my day.

My head swims as my body tries to calm down from the overload of two men. The look on Griffins face when I said I had a date was pure hell. I caught his hands ball into fists and all I wanted to do was walk over to him and take his hands in mine. I wanted to tell him earlier but honestly it slipped my mind as the afternoon went by.

The guilt weighed and took me over as I drove to dinner, even though I really have nothing to feel guilty about. That dinner was amazing though, the place was absolutely perfect, Jax couldn't have picked a better place to take me.

Seeing Julio again brought up so many happy memories, we practically lived there as kids, eating there at least once a week. The nerves and guilt I felt leaving Everett and Griffin vanished as I walked into a place that felt like home.

I take the turns, knowing the streets like the back of my hand, enjoying the way the car glides smoothly along the road. It really is a very nice car. The breath leaves my lungs, in a huff and I try to make some sort of sense of everything running around in my head.

Jax is amazing, not only is he bloody gorgeous, but he's down to earth, and can take my banter, playing right along with it. I knew his eyes were on me the second I walked in, and to see him lazily looking me up and down, the heat in his eyes, makes me feel incredible. He's relaxing and easy to talk to, and found myself wanting to know all about him, leaning in listening intently as he spoke. I don't know why, but I just couldn't shake the feeling there's something he's not telling me, or something I'm missing. I had a lot of fun at dinner, but found my mind unconsciously starting to compare both men and the way they make me feel.

My mind drifts back to Griffin as I drive on auto pilot making the turns. I really thought he was going to kiss me on the beach today. I mean in hindsight I practically dry humped the man first, but I could definitely and very distinctly tell he enjoyed it. My brain stops there for a second. Yep definitely need a ice shower when I get back.

How in the world does Izzy do this? Although I already know my answer, in that she just likes dinner dates and being wined and dined. I have never been that kind of girl. I'd rather dinner in back of a pickup under the stars, or chips on the beach than expensive wine and dinner that requires heels. Once again my mind drifts back to eating burritos on the beach with Griffin.

I'm in so much trouble, and yep I definitely need that shower.

I creep in, shutting the door quietly, before turning to see Everett and Griffin are still in front of the TV. Everett is completely out, he's sprawled, one leg over the side of the arm chair, his mouth slightly open. My eyes travel over the lounge room and discover the guys must have had a bit of a party, with empty bowls and beer bottles littered across the small table in the middle of couch and arm chair.

Griffin looks quickly over to me, holding up a finger to his lips and points to Everett. My eyes travel to his lips, and I can't stop my tongue as it darts out to lick my own. He stands up and walks towards me, my eyes travelling down to his shorts that have loosened a bit and are hanging slightly lower than before, leaving a line of toned skin between them and his singlet.

I'm full on staring.

Full on unashamedly staring.

My mind briefly wonders how much he has to work out to always look this good, before my inner self slaps me hard, bringing me back to the present. He points to the kitchen and we move off, as not to disturb Everett. It's dark in the kitchen, the only light coming from a small fitting just above the sink. Stepping in, he turns and I hold his keys out for him to take.