Chapter 11 - Griffin

Fuck, she feels perfect against me. The way she's pressed up against me, wearing this blue and white striped bikini, gives me the perfect view of her entire body. The curves of her breasts, that are fucking perfection, the lines of her stomach and the toned legs that go on her fucking miles. When she lets out a groan it's almost my undoing.

I let my hand trail along the top of her bikini bottoms and move my head down the back of her head to her neck inhaling the salty seawater smell and that same vanilla and berry smell that I have come to know as just Dani. I pull her so she's flush against me and can feel how much she's affecting me. I know damn well that I shouldn't be touching her, Everett's going to fucking kill me, but when she placed my hands on her body, then started moving her hips, it short circuited something in my brain and I just couldn't stop myself.

I hear her groan lightly again as I move my head along her neck, even though I'm barely touching her. She turns in my arms to face me, and I can see​ in her eyes and the way her chest is moving quickly up and down that I'm having the same effect on her that she has on me. She moves even closer to me, pressing herself against my chest, her eyes darkening slightly and I can see the same desire that are definitely in mine. I want to close the distance between us, to grab her and see if she tastes as delicious as she smells, but instead I use everything I have to step back. I keep my eyes on hers, as quiet frankly a guy only has so much strength, and I can't bare to pull them away yet. A small smile appears on her lips and I thank god she hasn't taken it personally, but understands why I had to move.

It feels like we stand here forever, both just looking at each other, before she speaks.

"So, think you got it now, wanna try again?"

She quirks one eyebrow at me, and I can't help but laugh. I love her playful manner.

"I don't know, I might need you to show me again."

I wink back at her, and it's Dani's turn to laugh, and that right there is my favourite sound in the world.

And one I plan to hear much, much more of.

We spend a bit longer on beach practising, laughing and joking with each other before we pack up and hop in Everett's car I borrowed, as my baby doesn't have roof racks for the board. The afternoon flew by after Everett texted to say he was off looking at a lead with Ava and wouldn't be back for a while. Never in a million years have I blown off work but after getting that text, I decided there was nowhere else I'd rather be. Dani's quiet as we drive back, and although I want to know what's wrong I don't want to press and figure she will tell me if she wants to.

We walk inside to the smell of deep fried chicken, beer, and Everett's head popping out the kitchen.

"Just in time man, hey Dani, 10 minutes to kick off."

I swing my head to the telly and smile at the game ready to start.

"After you"

Holding my arm out, I gesture to Dani, and notice something's definitely wrong, as her eyes are firmly down on the floor. My hand goes to reach out to touch her shoulder when Everett appears carrying two bowls of food.

"Grab a seat semi-gentleman and sister.... Dani are you ok?"

Dani looks up at me, her eyes meeting mine, before turning to Everett.

"Ah actually I have a date tonight"

I stop breathing and my stomach drops.

"You have a what?"

Everett has stopped mid way putting the food on the table and just stares at her. I'm vaguely aware of Dani talking about a guy from the plane and asking her out for dinner, and them arguing about borrowing a car, and why this date can't pick her up, but I'm barely breathing, my hands curling into fists.

My brain can't think of anything else than Dani going to dinner with another guy. Who the fuck is he? Is she interested in him? Does he make her feel the way I know I do? Was this before or after this afternoon? Fuck.

I look at Dani and see her eyes darting to me, watching me as she argues with her brother. I turn away and plonk myself on the couch, mostly to hide how much this affects me. Everett plonks down on the arm chair and lets out a deep, slow breath when Dani disappears upstairs to change.

"What the hell was that?"

I freeze and look over at him thinking I'm fucked.

"Guy isn't even picking her up, but meeting her there. She's in town two days man and already has a date. Fuck."

I let out my relief and focus back on the game.

"Dunno man" I mutter back.

Everett stresses more, border lining on ranting, as I lean forward to grab a beer. Nodding every now and then, I pretend to listen while my mind is completely somewhere else.

Dani emerges, and I fucking choke on my beer, causing Everett to swing his head sharply, to look at me, before his eyes land on Dani.

Holy shit I'm going to fucking kill her date if he so much as gives her a handshake. She's wearing a dark purple thick strapped dress that is slightly low cut, showing just a hint of her chest, clinging and fitting to her every curve perfectly. The dress finishes up mid thigh, while her hair is pinned half up, flowing softly down one shoulder. My eyes follow her long legs down to a pair of black heels with thin straps over her foot and up to her ankle.

The women looks like sex on legs, and one glance gives any man several ideas.

"You can't wear that."

Everett's suddenly standing, crosses his arms over his chest.

"Wait here, I have a long coat somewhere"

He moves fast as he shuffles off towards the coat rack by the door, mumbling about pants being more appropriate.

Dani laughs and rolls her eyes watching her brother. They come to land on me next and I'm shamefully still just staring at her. A slight blush starts to creep up her cheeks as her eyes soften and she goes to say something before stopping herself as Everett reappears.

"You can't borrow my car if you're dressed like that. If requires pants and a hoodie to drive."

I break my stare at Dani and look at Everett. The guy can be so dumb sometimes. Even I know the girl is determined and she would walk there if she had to. Just as Dani sets her hands on her hips and see her inhale a deep breath preparing herself for fight, I surprise even myself by speaking up.

"You can take mine"

I throw the keys to her in a daze, watching as she catches them with one hand and just stares at me for a moment.

"Thank you"

Her voice is incredibly quiet and with one last look at Everett, she grabs her bag, before ducking out the door.

"What hell man?"

Everett swings around on me, looking like he's about to start swinging any second.

"Dude she was going to walk there if you didn't let her use your car" I say numbly.

Everett huffs, but knows I'm right, and throws himself down with a beer and a fried chicken wing to watch the game that's already started. I look at the telly but I don't see or hear a word they say. My mind trying to process what the hell I just did.

I just helped Dani go on a date with another man all because I couldn't stand to see her get upset and Everett being an ass. I take a long drink of my beer and wonder who really is the dumb one in the room.