Chapter 18 - Jax

I check the time again, tapping my phone in my hand, thinking I've got to leave in a minute or I'm going to be late.

Will they fucking hurry up. I'm getting a bit sick of this shit. This is the third one since this job started that we've found. It's getting ridiculous. Two snitches and now this one is suppose to be skimming off the top of deliveries.

This is the last time I let someone else do the hiring.

Usually we work as a close knit team, but there has been too many smaller jobs pop up that we were stretched to thin, and this last one was too big for just us to do.

He's suppose to have just pulled into the gate, what the hell is taking Carlos so long? Just grab the guy, how hard can that be?

Carlos strides over and can already tell he has bad news for me.

Fuck, I'm going to be fucking late.

I tug at the end of my leather jacket as I cross my arms. I saw Dani's face the last time I wore it and could tell she liked it. The white shirt I'm wearing, fitted so it shows off the muscles underneath, scrunches a bit as I cross my arms. That hitch in her breath, her eyes getting wider and that fucking blush she gets.

I can't get enough of this women. I've been so fucking busy that I've barely got to see her in days, her voice on the phone isn't enough, and now I'm going to be late.

"Guy pulled a rabbit. He's fucked off."

Oh you have got to be kidding me. I blow out a breath, staring at Carlos.

"Find him." I grind out to Carlos before I turn, walk out and get in my car.

I see her as soon as I walk in, and almost trip over my own fucking feet.

Fucking hell, this women is something else.

She's slightly leaned over the bar, signalling the bartender, her ass poked out, giving anyone walking past the perfect view of it in that dress, and holy shit what a dress. It has to have been fucking made for her, as it fits her perfectly, showing of her gorgeous toned body. She straightens up, clutching two beers in front of her, as she steps down from the bar.

Walking up behind her, I glide my hand across the bare skin of her back, enjoying the feel of her smooth skin against my hand. As I lean in close and whisper in her ear I can hear her breathing hitch.

"I believe that's suppose to be the guys job."

Dani smiles that smile that takes my breath away each time, as she turns and winks.

"Well the guy was late and a girl gets thirsty."

"Unforgivable."

I laugh out, but almost choke on it when she turns and I get a view of the front of her dress. Holy shit. It takes everything in me not to stare at her chest and keep my eyes on her face, but a slow smile spreads across her lips and can tell she caught me looking.

"I'm sorry, something last minute came up at work, and I got here as fast as I could."

She eyes me for a second like she's thinking something over, and I watch her mouth as she pulls a corner of her lip in. I'm still staring and almost miss as she slides a beer over. The things that simple thing does to a guy.

"You get next round."

She smiles at me before moving away from the bar, stopping at a small table. The hem of her dress rides up slightly as she sits down, crossing her legs. My mouth goes dry as my eyes travel down her legs and back up again. Fuck me, I'm hard as a fucking rock and we've only just sat down.

"So more work drama?" She asks, lifting her beer to take a sip.

"Unfortunately yes. Guy is stealing, not good for business."

I groan trying to stop myself before I say to much more. She is way to easy to talk to, and I'm starting to find I want to tell her everything. Her eyes go wider for a second, as she leans slightly forward, short circuiting my brain for a moment, and I try not to stare to much at the view of her chest. I shake my head out slightly trying to clear it.

"So what did you get up to today? Did you end up kidnapping your brother for lunch like you said were thinking about the other day?"

Dani hesitates for a moment, before her smile returns, chatting happily about her day and her upcoming photoshoot plans. I still can't believe the guy is a cop. I'm fucking crazy for seeing her, but he sounds low level when she first mentioned him and nothing to stress about.

I get up to get another round and watch as Dani bops and sways along to the music as I wait for the beers by the bar. She mimes along to the words, and it makes me laugh watching her, she seems to know the words to every song. I really could just watch her all day. She has absolutely no idea the effect she has on people. She's like a breath of fresh air to be around. A few guys walk past her, slowing as they eye her slowly as she bops along to the music, completely unaware of them. Grabbing the beers off the bar, I walk back over to the table, giving the guys a fuck off look.

"Is there a song you don't know the words to?"

Dani pokes her tongue out at me, as I set the beers down on the table, and I throw my head back and laugh.

"It's my hidden talent."

She laughs at me, reaching for a beer, her hand brushing mine and I look up to find her watching me. Her eyes are fucking amazing. My phone buzzes breaking the moment, and I let out a huff, pulling it out my jeans pocket, hitting the silent button, before stuffing it back in. It can just fuck off for a minute.

Dani's eyes watch me, something clouding over her face, before she turns her head to the dancefloor.

"So Mr Mckinney, do you dance?"

She slides off the stool slowly, and steps towards me, her eyes locked on me. I thank the music for being so loud she doesn't hear me as I gulp loudly when she says my name. The way she's looking at me makes me harden even further.

"I can't say I'm usually much of a dancer."

My words are strained, and I'm fucking amazed I get them out as I'm barely fucking breathing.

Dani moves closer to me, her hands reaching out to touch my knees, before running them slowly up my thighs, pushing them slightly apart so she can step between them. Her body stops an inch away from me, before she inclines her head and leans forward to whisper in my ear.

"That's a shame."

A smile plays on her lips, as she pulls away, walking backwards, before turning and swaying her hips, walking off towards the dancefloor. She turns her head over her shoulder and can see she's smiling.

Fuck who is this women.

She turns to face me and starts to sway her hips, raising her hands above her head. My eyes are fucking glued to her. One more second of her so close and I swear I would have come right here in the middle of the fucking club.

I'm about to stand up and follow her when my phone vibrates against my leg. I dig around blindly, fishing around for it, my eyes still glued to Dani as I answer.

"This had better be good news."

"We've got him. Caught him at his house. He was grabbing his shit trying to leave in a hurry."

"Good. Hold him there. Don't touch him before I get there."

"Can do boss."

I hang up without replying to Carlos, and catch Dani as she holds up her finger, gesturing for me to come here.

I can't move fast enough.