Chapter 9 - Griffin

"How can we have basically no information on this guy?"

Everett groans, his hand reaching up to rub the back of his neck. I've been here five minutes and can already tell he's in a bit of a mood. Turning my mug, I grip the handle and bring it to my mouth, pausing just before I get there.

"The man's a ghost." I reply, taking a long sip of my coffee.

"There's no such thing as ghosts" Everett mumbles.

I continue on, pretending I didn't just hear him mumbling.

"And a very good one apparently. His men are loyal and those who aren't turn up dead."

"But seriously this is the best picture we've got"

Everett's hand comes out, snatching the lightly blurry shot of a man, with small portion of his face towards the camera, off the bench, before waving at me.

"He apparently flew in yesterday, made it through whole airport, then disappears mind you, and this is the best photo we have."

He shakes his head out before dropping it down. We've been trying to identify this guy for a while, and just keep missing him. The guy really is a bloody good ghost. For a man who likes control, this guy has been getting under Everett's skin more and more each day.

"Source says the deal goes down in few days.....We'll find him man. It's a big island but it's not that big."

Sighing, he brings his head up, looking at me. I can see in his face how much this case is wearing him down.

"A couple of mill deal man and we've got buggar all."

"Dimitri and Ava are chasing down a new lead......"

I let myself trail off as the unmistakable sound of Everett's phone begins to ring.

"Its Dimitri, back in min"

He's off in a flash, moving around the kitchen island we're at, towards back door and outside. I let out a breath I've been holding, hoping it's good news. Despite my earlier comment, we bloody need some luck in this case. Leaning back in the stool, I lift my mug up to take another sip of my coffee.

Cup halfway to my mouth, my heart stops beating and I freeze as Dani walks past me into the kitchen. She's wearing an old grey oversized t-shirt that comes to just below her ass and nothing else. The neck hole hangs over one shoulder exposing the gorgeous curve of her collarbone, while her hair is piled up on top of her head, a few small strands escaping and hanging down, giving me a perfect view of her neck and shoulder. The sleepy expression on her face completes the look and makes her look adorable and sexy as fuck. How the hell does someone look that damn good, fresh from rolling out of bed?

I shift slightly in the chair and move my other arm to hide exactly how much I'm starting to enjoy the view. She reaches up to open a cupboard to get a cup out and my eyebrows shoot up as the t-shirt lifts slightly,  allowing me an incredible view at the hot pink close cut underwear she's got on underneath. Holy shit, I couldn't look away even if I tried.

Not only does she seem completely oblivious to the effect she has on me but also that she's barely wearing any clothes.

"Dani.."

She waves a hand behind her, not even turning to look and continues fussing with the coffee machine.

"Can't talk, need coffee."

My jaw practically hits the floor when she bends to pick up the spoon she's dropped on the floor, and I'm honestly surprised there isn't drool to go with it. Sweet Lord that is my new favourite view and one I would like her to repeat over and over, although somewhere more private than in the kitchen where her brother could walk back in at any moment. Leaning around, I glance out through the backdoor and see Everett pacing back and forth still on the phone.