CHAPTER 4

He open the door of the car for Tess.

"Pure gentleman" thought Tess.

While driving he was talking about different stuffs like college, stress, how difficult it is to maintain a professional and a personal life.

Tess was looking at him. Her attention shifted from his words to his lips. She stared at him for few seconds. Gosh.

"Do you have a boyfriend??", He asked??

"Huh??" Tess said coming back to reality.

"Sorry to ask like that"

"No no. Its ok. And I don't have any boyfriend", she said and looked away.

All those memories came flashing back. Not memories, nightmares actually. Tess shivered.

"Tess, you ok??", The Professor asked.

"Hmm" Tess replied and nodded her head a little.

Álvaro thought he shouldn't have asked her that.

After dropping her off they bid each other goodbye.

As his car disappeared in the distance, Tess gave a little sigh.

"I'm home", Tess said as she entered through the door.

"Who's the guy who's dropping you off ?", her mom asked in a teasing way.

"Its nothing like that what you are thinking. Its my chemistry professor"

"What?", her mom exclaimed shocked. "You could have said him to come inside".

"I did. But he said he didn't wanna get any trouble for you so yeah"

"Next time say him that I don't have any problem in meeting him"

"Can I get something to eat ? I am starving"

Later at that night Tess again went through the professor's profile. He was single. Its strange how he's not married. As she went through his pictures she could feel that tingling sensation in her stomach.

//

There was a winter fest organised by the college. For that they needed different body members for different committees such as venue committee, food committee, cultural committee, finance committee and scientific committee. For this different students will be elected.

Tess was in scientific committee. Soon the preparation for the fest started. Students started their rehearsals. The college was getting decorated.

It was one day when Tess was organising her projects when Álvero came.

"Busy?", he asked.

"No. Say", Tess replied and smiled.

"Just came to check on you. May be help you"

"Thanks"

"So anything I can do?", he asked clapping his hands.

"Well here are some charts submitted by the students. We have to hang them in the background wall and the projects will be displayed infront of the respective charts"

"Ok. I'll start from this side and you start from the other side"

They took one chart, each of them and started hanging them.

Tess's height was a little short for hanging the chart. It has to be hanged at the topmost. Tess lifted her legs up. She was able to hang it but unfortunately her chair disbalanced on which she was standing. She knew she was going to fall. Out of the moment she screamed and closed her eyes. Seconds later she realised her body didn't hit the ground. Instead she could feel a body around her. She opened her eyes and saw the professor holding her in her arms. For a moment she couldn't understand what's happening and looked at him startled.

"You ok?", he asked

"Ye.....yeah....just......"

He dropped her down. "You should be careful Tess. You could have hurt yourself really bad"

Tess understood that professor saved her. When she realised this, she blushed.

"Thanks", she said.

He chuckled.

Tess never thought this could happen. Her feelings more him grew more. Her crush just saved her life. Means, how many lucky bitches are there like this!!!!

After finishing their work professor offered her a treat at cafe.

As they reached the cafe they saw as usually it was crowded. Álvaro talked with a cafe boy.

"We have to go upstairs. All tables are filled here"

"Ok"

Both of them headed upstairs.