CHAPTER 23

"Babe, I am home", Álvaro said as he entered through the main door.

Tess was in bedroom, in her PJ's watching TV.

Álvaro hopped beside her. They kissed.

"Your meeting ended early", Tess said.

"Yeah. It was boring", Álvaro said and paused. "I am glad you came here. I was missing you"

Tess just smiled.

Álvaro asked, "are you okay Tess?"

Tess looked at him. She couldn't hold back her tears. She hugged him and started sobbing.

"Hey babygirl", Alvaro said and tried to hush her.

"Its just....", Tess said between her sobbing, "I went for shopping to the supermarket and when I met Kinley"

Alvaro tightened his hug. Tess continued, "he wanted to talk to me but i ran away. I was so afraid"

"Its okay Tess. I am here now. Now stop crying", he said and rubbed her tears off and planted a kiss on her cheek.

As days went by Alvaro was becoming more concern about this Kinley thing. This story needed an end.

He made some calls and pulled some strings. He wanted a full background check on Kinley and what connection did he had with Lauren.

Few days later his friend called him up to give some information. After listening to him Alvaro was shocked but not surprised.

Tess was doing her homework when Alvaro called.

"Hey Tess what are you doing?", asked  Álvaro.

"Just completing my homework"

"Okay. Ummm.....are u free today? Can you come by?"

"Yeah sure", she said. Then Tess asked, "is anything wrong?"

"No no. Just as usual"

"Okay see you then", she said and hung up.

Later in the evening Tess went to Álvaro's home. As he opened the door Tess kissed him. Álvaro kissed her back.

After she got comfortable Álvaro started speaking.

"Okay Tess, there's something we need to talk about"

"Why are you so serious?", asked Tess.

"It's about Kinley"

"Oh"

"Well I have some friends who are in police and I asked their help to know more about Kinley"

Tess was listening quietly.

Álvaro continued. "He was a drug dealer when he was in high school. Got caught but was in juvie for few days as he was only working for someone for money. He had a pretty rough childhood. His dad was arrested for domestic violence. After high school he got out of town with all those saved money and went to college. He was trying for a new start and he was doing great until he ended up with addiction again. Both drugs and alcohol. He was a struggling with his addiction and studies"

Tess was listening quietly. As Álvaro stopped, she spoke in an angry voice, "are you trying to make me feel bad for him?"

"No no. This is not the end of story", Álvaro said and continued. "He completed his college, got degree  and managed to get job. Though he was still an addict but he was good at his job. He got promoted and this was the time he met Jenny"

"Jenny??", Tess said shocked. "Jenny means your ex?"

"Yes. It was only weeks that we broke up and Jenny started dating Kinley"

"So Kinley was the other guy for whom she left you?"

He nodded in reply.

Álvaro stopped. Tess released a deep breath. Both of them were sitting quietly.

"So that's why Lauren knows Kinley", said Tess.

"Yeah. But I have my own version of story"

"Own version?", Tess asked being a little confused.

"Yes. The thing which happened after Kinley and Jenny started dating. Police only gave me information upto that. After that it's my own theory "

Tess gave a look. She wanted to hear.

Álvaro started again. "I knew Jen. She never did drugs. But her death was caused by drug overdose. I am sure Kinley drugged her"

"But why Jen's family hates you?"

"I think because Kinley used me as a cause for Jen's suicide. He made her family belive that although Jen was dating him but she missed me. And to be honest, what I've seen, Kinley is a good manipulator and Jen's family was dumb"

Tess looked at Álvaro. "That's a strong theory but we need proof"

"There's no proof. Except Kinley's confrontation. And he will not confront"

The atmosphere in that room was sad.

"After Jen's death Kinley moved here and started a new job. And then you fell in love with him. Though he never drugged you but violence was in his blood. So he used to get drunk and beat you up"

Tess sniffed. Álvaro realised it was a lot for Tess to take up at once.

"It's a lot", he said.

"Yeah but its the truth"

Tess rested her head over his chest. He kissed her head.

Álvaro's next plan was how to throw Kinley out of their life.

Votes and comments are appreciated ♥️