CHAPTER 21

Álvaro reached to the hospital. He took the lift and went to reception.

"Excuse me", he said to the receptionist, "Tessa Rosewood is in which room?"

"She is in the ER. You can wait. She will be soon out of surgery", replied the receptionist

Álvaro went to the waiting area. He saw her parents. He walked upto them.

"Excuse me, I am Álvaro. I am Tess's chemistry professor"

Tess's mom couldn't say anything. Her dad shook hand with him and said him to sit down.

"I am sorry. I heard about the accident and came here"

"Its really so thoughtful of you"

Álvaro looked at her mother. She was sitting their like a stone. His heart was ripping apart. How could he let this happen? How he couldn't see this coming?

After one and a half hour the doctors came out of the operation theater.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rosewood", said the doctor.

They stood up. Their faces were filled with hopes.

"Tessa is out of danger. She will be transferred to emergency unit and you can meet her after that"

"Thank you, thank you so much doctor", they said.

Moments after Álvaro was standing infront of Tess's room. He could see through the glass. Tess was laying there with all those wires connected to her chest and a oxygen mask on her mouth. Her head was bandaged which implies her head was hurt the most. There were some other injuries too.

Her parents were inside. Álvaro was waiting outside. After 15 minutes they came out and headed to cafeteria. Álvaro went inside.

He sat beside her bed in the stool. Tess looked st him. She looked tired but her eyes were sparkling. Her eyes were full of love. She was happy to see him.

"Hey love", said Álvaro.

"Hey handsome", said Tess.

Álvaro chuckled. "Honestly I was a little scared that you wouldn't forgive me"

Tess released a deep breath.

"Look Tess there's a lot to say. I've discovered some truths but I don't want you to stress about that now. But trust me all of these were just for revenge"

"Revenge?", Tess asked.

"Yeah. But no need to worry. Whatever happened is not going to repeat. I promise, promise you that I will do anything to protect you. Anything. And I mean it"

"I know Álvaro", Tess said and hold his hand.

Álvaro kissed her hand.

//

Two weeks later Tess was back at college. She was totally fine. There was still a scar on her forehead over which she put a band-aid.

After college Tess was waiting for Álvaro and they were heading for a lunch date.

"Seems you are back", said Lauren.

"Yeah, I am. Seems the car didn't hit enough hard to break my bones or to kill me"

Lauren was going to say something but Álvaro came.

"Hey Tess, we are gonna be late"

Lauren understood they are back together and that Álvaro had said her everything. She needs a new plan. A new way to destroy Álvaro.

Please do vote and comment ☺️♥️