CHAPTER 22

"So Lauren is your ex's niece?", Tess asked as she sipped her coffee.

"Yeah"

"And she's taking revenge?"

"Yeah"

"But you didn't kill her aunt. It was suicide"

"Yeah but they think the reason of suicide is me. It was almost a year we broke up", Álvaro said.

Álvaro and Tess were going through hard times. Despite knowing that Lauren hit Tess they couldn't do anything as their was no proof. No recording or no car number.

Álvaro never leaves Tess alone. He is afraid.

Its been a month since the accident. Lauren didn't came college much. She used to skip most of the days. Álvaro used to teach Tess after college and then drop her home.

It was days later when Tess and Álvaro went to shopping where they saw Lauren. With Lauren there was one guy. Tess felt she knew that guy.

"Let's go from here before she sees us", said Álvaro.

"I think I've seen that guy somewhere", Tess said.

"Where?"

"I don't remember"

"Anyways, let's go home and we will watch a movie together"

One day Tess saw a guy came to pick up Lauren from college. They got in his car. Before the car left, Tess could saw the guy's face. It was Kinley.

Tess stood there shook. She couldn't believe. Its been three years since she saw him.

Álvaro came. He saw Tess looks kind of terrified.

"Tess you ok?", asked Álvaro.

"I just.......", Tess couldn't talk. All those memories came back. Those loving ones and those horrifying ones.

"Tess you are shaking", Álvaro said and wrapped his arms around her.

Álvaro took her to his home. After resting for while Tess was ready to talk.

"What's the matter?", asked Álvaro.

"Remember the guy whom we saw with Lauren the other day?"

"Yeah"

"That guy came today to pick her up from college. It's Kinley, my ex", said Tess.

"Your ex means......that?", Álvaro said.

"Yes that one who used to abuse me", said Tess in a voice of anger.

"He knows Lauren?", Álvaro questioned.

"I don't know", Tess said. "I am scared Álvaro", she said and hugged him.

"Nothing's going to happen to you", he replied and hugged her back.

//

It's been months since they saw Kinley. Lauren left college but she's still in town. Tess fears every now and then. It was only a matter of time till Tess faced Kinley.

One day Tess was returning from supermarket. She did her shopping and was keeping her groceries in the back of the car when Kinley called her.

"Tessa Rosewood", said Kinley.

Tess knew that voice. In seconds her body went cold. She was scared. Álvaro had to go for dinner with his fellow professors. She regretted that she came alone.

Tessa turned towards Kinley. He haven't changed much. He still looks good, the way she remembers him from their first meeting.

"Kinley", Tess said, her voice going dry.

"Cool down Tess. I am not going to harm you", he said and stepped towards her.

"Don't come forward", Tess said and stepped back.

"Okay fine. I just wanted you to say sorry for everything. I know I did bad to you and I deserved going to jail"

"Okay, just let me go", Tess being so scared that she couldn't breathe.

"I just want to have some talk with you", Kinley said  politely.

"I don't want to"

"Come on Tess. Its been three years since that"

"But you have put that fear in me for forever"

"I was bad at that time. I've changed. Trust me"

"NO", Tess said in a loud voice.

"What? Now I am not good enough infront of your 'professor' boyfriend? You are always so weak for bad people"

"Álvaro is not bad"

"Really? I heard that his ex did suicide after dating him"

"That's not the truth. And you have no right to say about other people when you yourself is an ass"

"Man, you really love him"

Tess was in no mood to stand their and talk with that person who had beaten her to death. She quickly got in her car and drove away.

Tess's parents were not home. She didn't want to go back to a empty house. She called Álvaro.

With controlling her tears she said, "Hey babe, when are you coming home?"

"Just heading out. Tess you ok?"

"Yeah. I'll b at your home. My parents are not home and I didn't want to stay alone"

"Yeah sure. Wait for me. I am coming in ten minutes"

Álvaro knew something was wrong. He knew Tess was crying.

Please do vote and comment 😊♥️