Get him back: Part three

Slowly, Dean edges the door open with the gun. Bobby was facing him, standing on the other side of the room with his hands raised.

Dean's heart jolts to a stop as he realizes the man with his back to the door was holding a gun. Then he sees Sammy sitting tied in a chair and relief floods his chest. Sammy was okay, besides a large bruise on the side of his face and the tears running down his face.

Holding his breath, Dean edges into the room. He was grateful that the man was so busy talking that he hadn't heard his limping steps. Bobby had noticed him, glancing briefly at him before refocusing on the man, his expression unreadable.

Taking a shaky breath, Dean aims the gun at the man before speaking loudly. "Hey, assbutt." Dean had learned a thing or two from Castiel after all.

"Assbut?" The man frowns, turning to face Dean.

It wasn't their parent's killer. Dean was almost shocked to see this, as that was really the only suspect he had had in mind. Who else would want to hurt them?

The man laughed, looking Dean over. "Jesus Christ kid, you look like hell."

Dean curls his finger around the trigger. "Let my brother go."

"Kid, please, how about you stop playing games now and put the gun down before you shoot yourself in the foot."

"So you can kill me?"

"Kill you, oh kid, I don't want to kill you..."

A sick feeling rises in Dean. "But someone does." He swallows thickly. "The man who killed my parents."

"Ding ding ding! Correct for 200 points," the man grins wildly. "Now how about you put that gun down and leave the fighting to use grown ups."

Dean growls. "I hate grown ups, haven't exactly had a good track record with them."

"Oh yes, how did you enjoy having to return to Lilith?" The man laughs at Dean' expression. "Oh kid, don't look so surprised, you think it was simply bad luck that you were sent back to that horrid place?" The man laughs coldly. "My boss, you see, is rather smart. He was tempted to kill you but some asshole kept following him, protecting you two little brats for some reason."

"Who?"

"Dunno, all I know is it was making my boss angry so... I suggested that if he couldn't kill you, he could at least make your life hell."

"So you sent us back there?" Dean was silently weighing up his options. He didn't want to kill the man but at the same time he had the feeling that they wouldn't be left to go free.

"Bingo! Kid, you are on a roll."

"Why is your boss so intent on killing us? Why does some random psycho keep hunting us down? Our parents are dead, and that was years ago-"

"Random psycho? Kid, this ain't no random psycho, you just wait until you found out exactly who you're dealing with."

Dean hated that evil glint in his eye. His head aches something wicked, his Baby was all smashed up and now this assbutt was serving Sammy and him up on a silver platter to a maniac.

"Let my brother go," Dean steadies the gun, trying to keep it aimed at the man's heart. "Or I will shoot you, that's a promise."

"I don't think so kid, so why don't you put that gun down nice and slow?"

The gun was almost too big for Dean, and he was fairly certain that firing it would only add to his pain. Not that he cared.

"Let him go."