Sabriel! Or the one about Lucifer and his ships

Of all the things Lucifer could have ever anticipated happening, Dean Winchester ending up at the same high school as them was certainly not one of them. It had been eight years since the Winchesters had fled Sioux Falls and he had honestly never expected to see either of them again.

Especially not in first period. Now he can't help but stare at the oldest Winchester brother as their group sit together at lunch. 

His brother had just left and he was concerned about Cassie's strange behavior, hadn't he and Dean once been inseparable? Lucifer mulls this over, furrowing his brows as he watches Dean carefully keep his expression neutral, anyone could tell that the boy was hurting though. Plus, Lucifer shipped Destiel and the fact that his ship was sinking already was rather concerning. 

"Luci? Luce, bro." A hand was shaking him, drawing him out of his shipping thoughts. 

Bel was staring at him, eyebrow raised. "Welcome back."

Charlie rolls her eyes. "Anyway, as I was saying, we should throw a party to celebrate the Winchester's return."

A party? Lucifer felt a smile creep out across his face. "Sounds fun." It sounded perfect for his plan to get Dean and Cas talking. Alcohol was magical like that. 

"Will Sammy come?" Gabe asks, still scanning the room.  Lucifer sighs, his poor, love sick little brother. 

Gabe and Sam... Hmm. Lucifer smirks, a thought crossing his mind. Another ship? Plans spring to mind even as he sits there in that dreadful lunchroom. He would get his ships together. But what could he call Sam and... "Sabriel!" Lucifer, overexcited as always, jumps out of his seat. 

"What?" The entire table had turned to look at him. 

"Nothing," Lucifer hides his smile. These peasants wouldn't understand. He just needed to come up with a good plan now. 

The rest of lunch went by fairly smoothly, Dean was noticeably quieter as they leave for their next class. Lucifer was honestly shocked at Castiel. Cassie was normally so quiet and made sure everyone was happy. He would need to have a talk with his brother later on. 

As they all settled into their seats for Science, Lucifer looks out the window as his mind wanders. He was faintly aware of the conversation Dean and Bel were having about soccer but in his brain he was already hundreds of miles away - 1648 miles away to be exact. He wondered what Mikey was doing, was he in school now? Or had it not even started yet, Lucifer was sure that there was some sort time difference there. 

God how he missed Michael. It had been three years since his old best friend moved away with his parents to Sacramento, and Lucifer regretted leaving things with him how he had. Now days he would give anything for the chance to even just call Michael.

Chewing on the end of his pencil, Lucifer pushes these thoughts back into the dusty corner of his brain that they had crawled out from and tries to focus on what the teacher was saying. This was made particularly hard by the fact that said teacher was talking in such a boring tone about such a boring subject.  

~~~~

The hardest thing about parties was making sure that all of your ships were there. 

Luciships: What do you won't be there? 

Cassie: I believe that I have some homework, and I hate parties - oh look at that, two good reasons.

Luciships: Don't sass me brother, I need you there

Cassie: Shame.

Lucifer throws his phone onto his bed, groaning. Why did his brother have to be such a pain? When Castiel made his stubborn mind up, it was very hard to get him to change it, maybe Lucifer should call in the big guns.