Satan is being... nice?

Dean throws himself carelessly into his seat as the bell rings. He wasn't particularly happy about being here but if it was the only way to get Sammy to come and have an attempt at having a normal life then he could live with it. At least until Sammy was happy enough that he would stay even if Dean left. 

"Luci! I swear I didn't do it!"

Everyone's heads swivel up to face the door, where a blonde teen was holding another, smaller boy against the door frame. 'Lucifer?' But surely not, it had to be a coincident that the boy had the same nickname because... well he couldn't reason with this. Luci wasn't the most common boy's nickname. Unless he doesn't identify as a dude, that was alright too... he shakes his head, getting his thoughts back into order.

"Mr Novak, could you kindly release your brother and grace us with your presence inside? I'm sure Gabriel's class is sorely missing him too."

The taller boy, 'Luci' Novak, glared at the teacher for a moment with ice cold eyes, but releases the shorter boy and steps back. "You're dead, dipstick."

Gabriel just pokes his tongue out at him before running off. 

Dean just stares, feeling as if he might burst out laughing. Of all the schools in Sioux Falls and all the odds... Although should he really be all that surprised? They had lived in this city last Dean had seen them, this just meant that they had never moved, a realization that surprisingly stung. 

Because if they had never moved, why had Cas stopped writing? It also meant that the boy he had seen last night was definitely Cas, and he had wanted nothing to do with Dean.

'Maybe he hadn't recognized me.' Hopeful thinking.

Lucifer hadn't seen Dean, who was sitting in the back corner, and was taking a seat further up beside a darker haired boy. For a moment, Dean thought it might have been Michael - Luci's old best friend - he could remember that the two had been inseparable once upon a time. But the other boy turned to talk to Lucifer and Dean saw it was... Crowley?

Should he say hi to Lucifer? They had been friends, once, and he almost couldn't believe they had ended up in the same English class after all these years. Then again, would it be weird? If he went up and said hi? 

Thankfully the teacher came in before he could do anything about it, and with that class started. Dean was just grateful he would get to sit back here and not deal with the awkwardness of seeing Lucifer.

"We're starting it off with a group project."

Fuck. Dean decided that there was most definitely something out there that was against him. He just hoped that they got to choose.

"When I say your name, join your assigned group..."

Dean ignores the rest of what the teacher had to say. God dammit. Stupid group projects. The teacher had started rattling off groups of names, and Dean wait's to hear his, every passing moment leaving him more and more sure that God hated him. Because Lucifer also wasn't being called.

"Dean Winchester," The teacher glanced over at him, "I'm sorry, I forgot we had a new student joining us today."

Dean waves him off, studiously ignoring the curious looks - especially Lucifer's. Please, anyone but Lucifer. How awkward would that be? When Cas wasn't wanting anything to do with him?

"Your partners are Belphegor Desmon and Lucifer Novak."

Dean groans. Also, what was it with the weird names around here? First Lucifer, now Bel... Belphegor? What kind of name was Belphegor anyway?

"Its Bel, just... Bel, I swear my mum tried to give me the weirdest name ever man," The strange boy with light brown hair and white framed sunglasses threw himself into the seat next to Dean. Taking his glasses off with a flourish and offers his hand to Dean. "Pleasure to meet you, Dean." He looks Dean up and down, a smirk on his lips.