Percy Jackson- Mistaken

Percy Jackson was a hero. He was somebody who was loyal, and loved by a lot of people. He just wished that he could have more confidence in himself. Percy doesn't see all the good in himself like the others do, he doesn't see the handsome face Annabeth liked, or the loyalty the gods knew. He just saw an average guy, with human feelings and selfish thoughts. He carried himself with confidence, of course, but it doesn't mean that he believed it. There are times when you can fake something so well that you actually start to believe it, and that's exactly what happened to Percy.

Percy was sitting in his cabin, flipping through the pages of an old book written in Ancient Greek. It was all about the old gods and primordiales, such as Chaos, Destruction, Tartarus, Nyx, etc. He was wondering what it was like to be that powerful, but to be honest he never wanted to experience it.
There was a knock on his door. Percy quickly hid the book under his bed, where a whole pile of books based on old monsters and gods were stacked.

"Come in!" Percy shouted from his bed, lying down casually.

Annabeth came in, a small smile on her face. "Hey Percy. Are you coming to dinner or not? It's not like you to skip food."

Percy laughed and got up. He held Annabeth's hand, noticing that her ring finger was empty.

He frowned. "Where's your ring?"

She lowered her gaze nervously, chewing her lip. She sighed and finally said, "I took it off and sent it to get cleaned. I got it dirty when I was practicing."
She wouldn't meet Percy's eyes, so she was obviously lying.

Percy shrugged it off and let go of her hand. "Let's go then."

What was also weird was that Annabeth didn't sit with him like she usually did, and Nico and the seven were also sitting at their tables. Rachel came up to Percy, her green eyes laced with concern.

She sat down next to him with her food and she whispered, "what's up with everybody? They usually sit with you. And is something wrong with you and Annabeth? I saw her throw her ring in the dirt a few hours ago and stomp on it before picking it back up and putting it in her pocket."

Percy was confused. He thought that everything was going well between him and Annabeth. She used to have so much love for him in her eyes and always sacrificed herself for him and likewise. But suddenly, she was distant and barely even looked at him.

"I.. I'm not sure," his voice cracked slightly.

Rachel smiled sadly. "It's okay, Percy. I know you're stressed. I hope this all gets resolved." She hugged Percy and went back to munching on her fries.

Suddenly, someone plopped down in front of them. It was Leo.

"Hey guys, what's going on?"

Percy spoke up, eyes never leaving his burger. "Why are you guys sitting away from here today?"

Leo chuckled. "I didn't sit here because I saw everyone else at their own table so I thought something was going on. I'm here now, though."

Percy smiled at Leo, putting him at ease.
Nico suddenly walked over. "What happened, guys? Something strange is going on. Usually it's never this quiet and monsters are always attacking but the last few days have been so still and peaceful. And three of the seven are acting like Percy doesn't exist. They ignore me every time I bring his name up."

Percy was troubled, heart aching because of the sudden coldness of his friends. Usually it's never like this even if he did something stupid. Percy sighed, getting annoyed.

"I'm tired. I'll go sleep now," Percy said.

Nico sighed. "Do you want some company? Me or Leo can stay with you. Maybe even Rachel."

Percy nodded. "Whichever one of you want to come, then you can. But can one of you contact Frank and Hazel to see if they will act the same?"

Rachel smiled softly. "Got it. I'll do it right now." She got up and ran towards her small shack that she got after she started getting nightmares while being inside the Oracle cave.

Percy got up quickly and walked at a fast pace to his cabin, Nico trailing along while Leo excused himself to go to his workshop. To be honest, all Percy wanted to do was sleep at that moment, wanting all the pain and confusion to go away. As he laid in bed, his thoughts drifted to his significant other.

Will Annabeth stay with him?

If not, will he ever love again?

He drifted off to sleep to Nico'a soft humming from the other bed in the room. He sang softly in Italian, hoping that Percy would sleep easier.

The last person on his mind before he went to sleep was the person who will be the cause of his pain and suffering.

The person who will be the death of Percy Jackson and who'll be the cause of the birth of a soul that can never be saved, a soul that was created out of pain, pent up sorrow, and blood. Everyone's nightmare yet salvation.

Will his flaw remain loyalty after he gets betrayed countless of times?
Or will he let everyone who's ever wronged him die?

—-Time Skip—

Percy woke up abruptly, sweat all over his body. He had just had another nightmare of Tartarus again.  A groggy voice next to him speaks up, whining.

"Percy! I'm trying to sleeeeeep. What's wrong?" Leo sat up from the bed next to his, while Nico rolled out of the bed across from Leo's. The boys have been sleeping in his cabin for the past couple of weeks, trying to keep Percy company and help him feel at ease instead of anxious like he usually is. They know that Percy worries a lot about everything, especially his friends and Annabeth. He hasn't even seen his family in months, since they haven't tried to reach out to Percy and when he tried visiting, he found out that they had moved away. Nico and Leo comforted him at night when he sobbed into his pillow, quiet whimpers shaking his body.

Annabeth barely spoke to him now. He's tried to convince himself that maybe she was getting wedding jitters or she was maybe even pregnant, but Percy isn't dumb. He sees what's going on. He saw the way she eyed other guys, and the way that she changed her look from nerdy cute girl to sexy dumb blonde, the thing she hated the most.

All just because she lost feelings for Percy, and fell in love with Jason.

Jason. Fucking. Grace.

Next thing he knew, Piper was at his door. "Percy!" She screamed, anger making her voice shaky.

Percy opened the door quietly and sat down on the floor, next to Leo.

"Percy! Get your girlfriend!! She's all over Jason and he's s letting her!"

Percy shrugged. "So now you're speaking to me?"

Piper went quiet. "Annabeth told me to ignore you. She said that either that or Jason would leave me."

And that's when Percy's heart finally broke.